GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I can't get the program ro work properly on SDS200.

The alias never displays on the scanner and it repeatedly logs the same UID without the alias.

View attachment 89808
It looks like you're scanning from the full database, not a favorites list. In order to display UID aliases, you need to have them alongside the system in a favorites list. That's the first thing. Second thing is that you need to add the proper fields to the customized detailed trunk screen, otherwise you'll only see the raw UID, not the alias. For optimal alias display, add Unit ID Name 1 (1-16) and Unit ID Name 2 (17-30) right next to each other.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Why those if I can ask? I tried to look up the difference and didn't see any so I used UID Name
Some areas on the SDS display span the entire width of the screen with one field; other areas are two fields side by side. If you use a full width field, you can use User ID Name; if you use two of the side-by-side fields, you want to go with User ID Name 1 and User ID Name 2 to get the full width. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Sort of, but it's not logging how it should be and it's annoying. the UID before lookup shouldn't be changed. But without getting much help from the maker, I'm at a lose
How is Bob supposed to answer if you're not asking the right question, or aren't providing enough info? What exactly are you suggesting is wrong? UID Before Lookup will display whatever alias is in the scanner, provided it comes across the scanner's display for ProScan to grab it. If you have all of your UID aliases in the scanner itself, and have the correct fields enabled on the detailed trunk display, then you shouldn't have any need for a UID Lookup file.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I thought I had it, but I didn't. Screenshot I have tried every combo to make it come out like Screenshot but it always changes and appears like this in proscan after it has a hit from the scanner Screenshot.. To me it shouldn't update any field except the one I edit.
Let me know if I'm correct in my way of thinking
Sort of, but it's not logging how it should be and it's annoying. the UID before lookup shouldn't be changed. But without getting much help from the maker, I'm at a lose
Sorry, I've been focused on an item going to be in the next release. An item for you actually, and working a couple of other items. Doing about 4 things at once is kind of tough at times.

I have to research this. It will take a few hours. The best I can do now is note it which I did. Like I said before, The UID Before Lookup info comes from the scanner. You may want to look at your TGID channels and make sure none are appended with the "%" character.

{edit} Also no display settings should affect the ProScan logging but I have a note for that too to double check it. Just bare with me.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
{edit} Also no display settings should affect the ProScan logging but I have a note for that too to double check it. Just bare with me.
Perhaps a misunderstanding on my part. I was under the assumption that if none of the User ID Name fields are being displayed on the scanner, nothing is going to come across for ProScan to grab. I've never looked at the Tests & Extras screen with the UID Alias fields not on the scanner's display to see if that data still comes across the bitstream (which I assume it does based on your post).

Reconrider

How is Bob supposed to answer if you're not asking the right question, or aren't providing enough info? What exactly are you suggesting is wrong? UID Before Lookup will display whatever alias is in the scanner, provided it comes across the scanner's display for ProScan to grab it. If you have all of your UID aliases in the scanner itself, and have the correct fields enabled on the detailed trunk display, then you shouldn't have any need for a UID Lookup file.
I don't know how to ask the correct question. In my mind, the UID Before Lookup and UID Number should never change in my eyes. Maybe I'm wrong - it's possible because 1) I don't program, 2) the way the sds is programmed might not make it possible. I'm not sure either way.

Sorry, I've been focused on an item going to be in the next release. An item for you actually, and working a couple of other items. Doing about 4 things at once is kind of tough at times.

I have to research this. It will take a few hours. The best I can do now is note it which I did. Like I said before, The UID Before Lookup info comes from the scanner. You may want to look at your TGID channels and make sure none are appended with the "%" character.

No worries. I just like being told that I have to wait instead of being 'on the hook' so to speak.
I also looked at my groups and none have the % or i in any of the UID spots. I'll have to wait a little bit and see what you come with - I have no problem waiting

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I don't know how to ask the correct question. In my mind, the UID Before Lookup and UID Number should never change in my eyes. Maybe I'm wrong - it's possible because 1) I don't program, 2) the way the sds is programmed might not make it possible. I'm not sure either way.
UID Number = the raw UID (the actual numbers)
UID Before Lookup = whatever alias is in the scanner's programming for the UID Number, or the raw UID Number if you have no alias for that UID

Of course UID Before Lookup is going to change based on whatever is in the scanner.

If UID 1234 is not aliased, then both the UID Number and UID Before Lookup fields are going to display 1234. Nothing more, nothing less.

If UID 1234 is aliased as Patrol Car 1234 in the scanner's programming, then UID Number is going to display 1234 while the UID Before Lookup is going to display Patrol Car 1234.

Does that make more sense now?

Reconrider

UID Number = the raw UID (the actual numbers)
UID Before Lookup = whatever alias is in the scanner's programming for the UID Number, or the raw UID Number if you have no alias for that UID

Of course UID Before Lookup is going to change based on whatever is in the scanner.

If UID 1234 is not aliased, then both the UID Number and UID Before Lookup fields are going to display 1234. Nothing more, nothing less.

If UID 1234 is aliased as Patrol Car 1234 in the scanner's programming, then UID Number is going to display 1234 while the UID Before Lookup is going to display Patrol Car 1234.

Does that make more sense now?
It does yes. I seems like an extra field for no reason other than to confuse people like me who don’t program. Would make since to remove the edit field and make uid before lookup editable and leave it as that.
I 100% understand the way it works now now that you explained it to me though. Thank you

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Perhaps a misunderstanding on my part. I was under the assumption that if none of the User ID Name fields are being displayed on the scanner, nothing is going to come across for ProScan to grab. I've never looked at the Tests & Extras screen with the UID Alias fields not on the scanner's display to see if that data still comes across the bitstream (which I assume it does based on your post).

Off hand (I'm saying that because I'm in the BCD996P2 development mode so can't actually look at the SDS200 scanner data at this time)
I think that's a scanner characteristic. Look in the Test & Extra scanner data box. If the data is moving to fast then look at the Scanner Data.txt file. Turn the option on first in the Options-> Logging tab. Check the "Scanner Data.txt file checkbox.
Look for "UnitID" and next to that you should see "Name" and "U_Id". I believe if a Unit ID is not programmed then the "Name" should be the same as "U_Id". The "Name" is what goes into the UID Before Lookup but I have to double check that.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It does yes. I seems like an extra field for no reason other than to confuse people like me who don’t program. Would make since to remove the edit field and make uid before lookup editable and leave it as that.
I 100% understand the way it works now now that you explained it to me though. Thank you
Your view may change after a while. It's that way based on user suggestions.

Reconrider

Your view may change after a while. It's that way based on user suggestions.
Easy enough to change. I only just started using proscan maybe a month or two ago so I’m still new to how it works which is why it took me so long to get the uid name to work. Can I ask why 3 uid text boxes then? Wouldn’t it make since to just have the before lookup(editable) then uid(not editable)

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
There are people who have users aliased within the scanner, but also maintain a separate UID lookup file. Why? Well, the older DMR scanners only display 16 characters on the screen, so maybe you want a longer and more meaningful alias to appear alongside the raw ID and the scanner's alias.

Or perhaps you keep track of changing aliases in ProScan, and so one day 1234 is Patrol Car 1234, the next day it's Fire Engine 1234. You can edit the After Lookup field to note the change, while also seeing how it was previously aliased in the scanner.

It may make sense to you to remove that field, but it was added for a reason, as Bob noted.

Reconrider

There are people who have users aliased within the scanner, but also maintain a separate UID lookup file. Why? Well, the older DMR scanners only display 16 characters on the screen, so maybe you want a longer and more meaningful alias to appear alongside the raw ID and the scanner's alias.

Or perhaps you keep track of changing aliases in ProScan, and so one day 1234 is Patrol Car 1234, the next day it's Fire Engine 1234. You can edit the After Lookup field to note the change, while also seeing how it was previously aliased in the scanner.

It may make sense to you to remove that field, but it was added for a reason, as Bob noted.
Got ya. I’ll get it will just take me a little while. Thanks for the explanation gents

ausscan

Premium Subscriber
Is it just me or does the Hold button on the Display Only Borderless view on my BCD436 go to the menu rather than holding?