spywiz

Premium Subscriber
OK, I have seen screen shots on-line of the Google Maps & Lookup. It seems to show (on google maps) the location of towers of received signals. I am using the latest (paid) version of Proscan with my Uniden SDS-100. When I click on a (history) logged entry, and then use the drop down for Google Maps & Lookup. When I click it, it brings up a blank window. I can't figure out how to get the (location) results that I have seen others get. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
OK, I have seen screen shots on-line of the Google Maps & Lookup. It seems to show (on google maps) the location of towers of received signals. I am using the latest (paid) version of Proscan with my Uniden SDS-100. When I click on a (history) logged entry, and then use the drop down for Google Maps & Lookup. When I click it, it brings up a blank window. I can't figure out how to get the (location) results that I have seen others get. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help.
The Google Maps is not associated with the History logging (at this time) but rather the Favorites Editor database. Do you have the Favorites Editor opened? You need that opened and a Favorites Folder opened. After it's opened then open the Google Maps then select the Favorites & Systems. After that, click the Map Systems button.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
After each transmission, Proscan UID Logging Hits remain at "1".
Duration increases but hit counter remains at 1.

"Each UID New Row" is not selected.

Can someone tell me what setting I've missed to increase the hits after each transmission.
Xplorer00, Just a followup to see if the UID Hits counter is still stuck at 1. If you can email me, I can send test files to see what's going on and fix it if needed.

Xplorer00

Premium Subscriber
Xplorer00, Just a followup to see if the UID Hits counter is still stuck at 1. If you can email me, I can send test files to see what's going on and fix it if needed.
No change. Hits counter for both UID Logging and History Logging remain at "1".
I'll send through an email.

DMBFireman

Feed Provider
I am recording using ProScan and I love the software. I have all of my audio levels set up correctly and I am using "activity" mode for recording and I have the skip silence option unchecked. My problem is that every recording has the last 1/2 second or so of the transmission chopped off. I'm recording military aviation frequencies which are really fast talking usually. When I am reviewing looking for things I can't hear the end of the transmission. Is there anyway to make this work? Maybe add a second before the recording stops?

It appears that as soon as the squelch breaks the recording stops. I can hear the whole transmission live but when I review the recording the end is slightly chopped off. I know that VOX works however that is not an option either because it does not show the frequency information in the timeline or file name. Maybe the developer could change the way activity mode works to add an option for an extra second of recording when the squelch breaks? I'm not sure maybe I am missing something?

Brandon

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan Version 16.7 Just Released!
  • Added - Favorites Editor - Added Record parameter to the UID Channels.
  • Added - Shortcuts to the Database file & operations menus.
  • Added - Timer indicator on the Favorites Read & Write scanner dialog for when executing the MSM command.
  • Improved - Database sort time decreased.
  • Fixed - Favorites Editor - System & Channel Record parameter wasn't retained after reading from the scanner.
  • Fixed - BCD436HP & UBCD3600XLT - Hold button on the Display Only view wasn't working.
  • Fixed - RSOIP Client - Recorder would turn off intermittently.
  • Fixed - History & UID Logging Hit Counters wasn't working if the System Name contained a comma.
ProScan supports the BCT15, BCT15X, BC250D, BC296D, BR330T, BC346XT, BC346XTC, BCD325P2, BCD396T, BCD396XT, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BCD996T, BCD996XT, BCD996P2, SDS100, SDS200, SDS100E, SDS200E, UBCD3600XLT, & USDS100 scanners.

ProScan is the most powerful and feature rich scanner software in the world !!!

Made in the USA

spywiz

Premium Subscriber
Bob, is there any way to select an entry in the history log and have that jump to the channel on the sds100? I know I am able to manually punch in the frequency, but can I make the log entry jump to the same channel? Talk group etc. If not, can you advise me how to do that on the sds100? Thanks for the update today also.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Bob, is there any way to select an entry in the history log and have that jump to the channel on the sds100? I know I am able to manually punch in the frequency, but can I make the log entry jump to the same channel? Talk group etc. If not, can you advise me how to do that on the sds100? Thanks for the update today also.
Negative. If you are hinting of a suggestion, it gets a higher priority when made by email so I can organize and prioritize. Also you get the suggestion sooner then waiting for the next release. I have this suggestion noted.

spywiz

Premium Subscriber
Negative. If you are hinting of a suggestion, it gets a higher priority when made by email so I can organize and prioritize. Also you get the suggestion sooner then waiting for the next release. I have this suggestion noted.
Thank you sir. I wasn't making a suggestion, but it sounds like a good one. I was just hoping that i was missing a feature that i didn't know how to do. But yes, I think that would be a great feature. Thanks.

Reconrider

I just updated to the latest and I can't get the scanner to connect to proscan. I've restarted my computer, unplugged the cord on both ends, used a second cord, and restarted proscan. What else can I try to get them to connect to each other? This worked before the update

Edit: I forgot to restart the scanner. Everything works now ignore my reply.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I just updated to the latest and I can't get the scanner to connect to proscan. I've restarted my computer, unplugged the cord on both ends, used a second cord, and restarted proscan. What else can I try to get them to connect to each other? This worked before the update

Edit: I forgot to restart the scanner. Everything works now ignore my reply.
I figured it was that.

KG4BKO

Premium Subscriber
I can't connect to the ProScan site at all. This morning when I tried it asked me for a user name and password. Whats going on?