Heartland automated dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike619

Is Heartland now using automated dispatching as well because I am now hearing a robot dispatching does anyone know if they are doing that permanently or testing it out?

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
It's a different robot voice than everyone else...someone needs to program the space bar into it's channel readouts.

Paul

SDBud

Something ELSE about the computer voice dispatching..
A unit came up on 1C, and asked for a BLS unit to respond.
In less than 10 seconds, the dispatch was going out on 1A.

THAT is a game changer! Now, if San Diego Fire could be that fast!!

disp10

Premium Subscriber
Something ELSE about the computer voice dispatching..
A unit came up on 1C, and asked for a BLS unit to respond.
In less than 10 seconds, the dispatch was going out on 1A.

THAT is a game changer! Now, if San Diego Fire could be that fast!!
What do you mean? That The SDFD auto dispatch is delayed? It takes 7 seconds from the time a resource is assigned until the voice goes out unless it goes in queue. That said for Metro BLS and ALS units are not voiced unless that are dispatched simultaneously with a fire unit. Exception is Poway.

SDBud

What do you mean? That The SDFD auto dispatch is delayed? It takes 7 seconds from the time a resource is assigned until the voice goes out unless it goes in queue. That said for Metro BLS and ALS units are not voiced unless that are dispatched simultaneously with a fire unit. Exception is Poway.

I have heard PD request something (Medics, or engines for a fire) and had it take 4 minutes to even 7-8 minutes before the dispatch came over the radio.

SDBud

It's a different robot voice than everyone else...someone needs to program the space bar into it's channel readouts.

Paul

The MORE I listen to it, the LESS I like it.
Some words are impossible to understand, like someone with a REALLY strong accent.

mike619

The tone out on that automated dispatch sounds like a Sonicare toothbrush beeping when going through settings on it:LOL:

mike619

Yes it is now a male robot it's testosterone boost:LOL: and it seems now the only human dispatchers left are Metro for Chula Vista and the zone 6 departments and Cal Fire.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I agree, less what I would call "forced (or over) enunciation", if that makes sense?

Paul

mike619

The male voice IS much more pleasant, and understandable.
You are right it does sound more clear for sure even a firefighter had problems with the female voice robot they had to ask dispatch what street the robot was saying they couldn't understand it.

Mike_G_D

I will admit the female one sounded slightly "alluring" with the mild southern accent but it was pretty funny the way "she" pronounced AMR as "aaamer". The current male voice has at least got that right by pronouncing AMR as "A" "M" "R".

-Mike

jimbrogers

Premium Subscriber
You should hear how "it" says School, have heard responders asking clarification of address. Its a comedy show on 1A. If this comes to 10A, OMG.

Status
Not open for further replies.