DSDPlus DSD-1.8.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb9mwr

Is it just me or can no one else follow what the OP is trying to do, or say for that matter. :confused:

Its not just you.

> yeah that was the crux of the problem.
What was?
>run dsd on linux on win 10
? Its either or, noth both... you need separate builds for each OS.

I don't have an experience with DSD on Windows. I have only every built it on a Ubuntu platform.

A few years ago I wrote down the steps for someone in my ham club.

thewraith2008

Ask a simple question :rolleyes:
Your reply reads as a bad google translation.

yeah that was the crux of the problem. run dsd on linux on win 10 and then run dsd in win 10 at the same time. then shut down the both dsd runs, then restart the linux dsd to populate the sc number. so if the population of the dependecies worked like in a straight version of linux everything would work, but of cource that was not the case. so all of the path problems, shared dll problems, what ever else problems have been solved by physically populating itpp dll, mbe dll and dsd in shared folder now that audio in has been established in wsl-1. I liken it to having a tiger by the tail. i had to fall back to ubuntu where i had some chance of success, but i do like that kali.

When you ask for help on the forum and someone replies with questions which need to be answered so they can better offer assistance, it helps if you give a direct reply to the question and not go off on a tangent. Looking though this thread (yet again) not once have you directly answered a question asked of you.

adcockfred

yeah, i here you, but i think i am good now just need some console time to see if all is well. the commands you run in win 10 are diff than those of linux. but it is the same m o that gary is running
my problem is i have broken a lots of things this summer

adcockfred

Yeah, I have cygwin hearing VLC with audio cable, but dsd 101 on win 10 is all tcp now. Wonder how old of copy of dsd enables virtual cables?

gary123

P.S. both itpp-4.3.1 and mbelib installed with no warnings

This is the problem I am now fighting. Using cygwin 32. There are so many dependancies needed to compile these files its a real pain. I am again going to try and follow Loius's steps and see what happens.

Adcockfred. do you have a complete file of DSD1.8.3 with mbelib and itpp .dlls etc. I am at the point of just wanting to load up a file folder and run it. LOL.

I think this is what your asking ? The Virtual cables are enabled by setting up SDR to output to the cable. DSD seems to select the Virtual cable by default. Remember too that your SDR bandwidth should be set to the proper range. According to his videos he is using either 8000 or 14000 depending on the dPMR/NXDN signals. I have insatlled Virtual cables on lots of applications so if needed I can walk you through it step by step ;).

adcockfred

Yeah, I just need to up the --verbose signal to dsd on windows from vlc. I am thinking that was what all that -j4 to -j16 to -j2 was all about, but when I try to translate of speach I get uncohearant out put.

Let me see what I can put on paste bin. I also pulled out vac, been running vb for so long

gary123

Im rebuilding my build and documenting the steps all the way. I plan to share a .pdf shortly with everything. Many thanks to Louis for his videos. Im not a linux guy but the videos help a lot. Also all files I create on a successful build will be shared here and if he wishes to do so on the twitter/github page.

here is the short list of dependencies.

search gcc
colorgcc
gcc-core
gcc-g++
libgcc1
libgccpp1

search make
automake
automake1.16
cmake
make

search sndfile
libsndfile-devel
libsndfile-utils
libsndfile1

search git
git

search wget
wget

search zip
bzip2
gzip
zip
unzip

search lapack
liblapack-devel
liblapack-doc
liblapack0

search fft
fftw3
fftw3-doc
libfftw3-devel
libfftw3-omp3
libfftw3_3

search blas
libLASi-devel
libLASi-doc
liblas11
liblasem0.4-devel
liblasem0.4-doc
liblasem0.4_4
libopenblas

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
here is the short list of dependencies.

Well, I don't know if I would call that a 'short' list or not, but as a Linux user, sometimes it can be easy to take for granted the number of dependencies that a piece of software has, especially if you pull it from a repo, it just automatically grabs all of the required dependencies. Out of that entire list, on a fresh install onto a raspberry pi a while back, I think the only dependency I had to go out of my way to grab was libsndfile-devel. Same for GQRX, just compiled the latest Github version out of curiosity, and only needed to grab one dependency. Usually I just have to wait for cmake to tell me what its missing, or make to break and tell me what its missing. Then I just open Synaptic package manager, grab the missing stuff (if I'm lucky and its in there) and start again.

The downside of that is, is if you already have some software installed like rtl_sdr or gqrx from a repo, then you already have most of that stuff, and when helping somebody else or compiling a github version of something, I have no idea what the base requirements are because they are most likely already installed for me.

gary123

Iwvmobile: I agree a full repo is good at telling what your missing but sometimes you run into the version incompatibility issue this was a real headache with OP25 in the past.

I decided to start from scratch. Thats why I posted the list of dependencies so others dont need to trip over it LOL. I will be attempting a build as soon as work slows down enough to do it. I will keep the thread updated.

I also know there are a few trying to do the builds themselves. I am documenting everything for both 32 and 64 bit.

adcockfred

Yeah, Lwv has a point, maybe gqrx would solve my problem. I am on my 8 th build still the same problem, not enough go on the dsd on win10. When dsd on cygwin gets a loud burst the dsd on windows will populate. So I have a sound [problem, and I have never really hear a better player than gqrx, for radio on a computer. Nose to the grind stone. foregot how long I have been on this.

gary123

looks like a updated version is out. I had chance to build the 32 bit version. WITH NO ISSUES ohhh noooooo. anyway here is a link to the build file DSD v1.8.4.rar (6.82MB) - SendSpace.com.

Expect a document on building this for yourself on either 32 or 64 bit OS.

I assume we can post links like this here?

gary123

as promised here is the document.

Again I want to send a special thanks to Louis for all the hard work and generosity for making this project and making it available to the community. The document is based on the video walkthroughs posted on you tube by Louis.

Attachments

• Building DSD v1.8.4.pdf
    826.5 KB · Views: 46

adcockfred

Yeah, well that is very interesting? Louis's j flag refers to the number of jobs assigned by the program, little things lost in translation, or could that be just for that segment of the build ?

adcockfred

Yeah, he said something about his old machine at home where he records his videos. I have a fresh scrub, so I will build a 64 bit non virtualization version with out the flag tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.