TwoToneDetect71 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC31

Feed Provider
My primary units still run V71 as they both do pushover notifications that are not supported by v73. As we are IaR subscribers, I have another raspberry pi running the IaR v73f. The integration with IaR has made a huge difference in notification reliability through their service for us. I also have a second instance running the free v73f as I have always needed to run a separate instance for any Sprint subscribers. Both work quite well (audio is from an sdr stick by the way). I think that biggest difference v71 to v73 is correction of the problem that required a periodic reboot in the earlier version. While the instructions still recommend a periodic reboot, v73 will run for an extended period without one. v73 also appears to have better error checking. I copied over my .cfg files from v71 and it wouldn't run until I corrected errors that 71 apparently ignored. Another big plus is that IaR now has posted an image file for a Raspberry Pi that is all set up. Just download it, unzip it, image an SD card, pop it in the pi and you are ready to go. This makes it much easier for a novice Linux user to implement. Their instructions are very thorough and easy to follow. They even have a video showing how to set one up.

MikeOrlando02

@DC31 - Thanks for the info on stability. I run on Windows, but will plan the upgrade. What errors did you have in your CFG files that you had to correct?

DC31

Feed Provider
I don’t remember for sure now, but it was simple things like two entries in a tone set, say record _ delay=0 and record_delay=3 for the same set. These would keep it from starting without pointing you to the culprit. The one that gave me the most fits was the instance_id parameter in config.cfg. As I recall, the only way I found around that was to delete that line from config.cfg then use the config editor to put it back in.

davidVT

Feed Provider
Hello all,
Can anyone remind me how to use redundant ftp operations when you must use a sub directory?
So my two important redundant files need to go to
ftp.server/ttd/
My ftp login only takes me to
ftp.server/

I know version 71 has a function to deal with this on the audio files. It works well.
I thought there was a workaround for the redundant files but have not found it searching the forum history.
Thank you

aaknitt

Feed Provider
One workaround is to set up an FTP account that only has permissions for the subdirectory so it'll log in to there by default.

Andy

davidVT

Feed Provider
Thank you Andy.
I managed to create a directory that works as required.
simple ftp url that dumps to a write access directory on the web server.

mytestsite.com
User
Password

I think I had some hidden fault in the redundant config files as I had to totally rewrite them and finally it started to work on V71... now on to v68.
Thx again

bradjtrammell

Premium Subscriber
Is it still possible to obtain a copy of TwoToneDetect71c for Linux? It seems all the binaries have disappeared, and finding it online for Linux is basically impossible.

ghkenney

When TTD sends out my audio alert recording, it has a watermark that repeats "trial" throughout the recording. Anyone know how to get rid of this message. As recreational listeners, I believe we are exempt from signing up for the "pay" service.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
When TTD sends out my audio alert recording, it has a watermark that repeats "trial" throughout the recording. Anyone know how to get rid of this message. As recreational listeners, I believe we are exempt from signing up for the "pay" service.
That's not coming from TTD. Are you using Virtual Audio Cable or something like that in the audio chain?

Andy

ghkenney

That's not coming from TTD. Are you using Virtual Audio Cable or something like that in the audio chain?

Andy
Yes, I am using a virtual audio cable. Is the "trial" hidden in that app. Any thoughts eliminating it. I will go look at the program and see if I can buy something. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.