Talkgroup available at every site - OR state radio project

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonErickson

Hello all, very new to scanning and just picked up a BCD436. I am working on programming in all the sites within the Oregon state radio project. Question is, is every talkgroup on the system available to be heard at each site? For example I live in deschutes county and will program all the deschutes county sites. Will I be able to hear talkgroups that are meant for example, to be only used in Washington county?

Also, what’s everyone’s favorite way for organizing your favorite lists? By geographic area, by organization etc?

Thanks

kd7jfv

Database Admin
Simple answer, yes, every talkgroup is available on every site. However, it will only broadcast talkgroups on sites that have a radio affiliated to "that" site and "that" talkgroup. No need to broadcast a talkgroup if there isn't a radio affiliated with it. So you won't hear Washington County in Deschutes County unless someone is in Deschutes County with a radio on and set to WA county. Deschutes County is a bit different in that it appears they have set the sites that they own to broadcast all of their talkgroups on all sites. I'm assuming it's due to the use of the Unication pagers for the volunteer agencies. The Unication pagers don't affiliate, essentially they're just an expensive scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.