Uniden SDS 200 Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Verify the Web Server is started by looking at the Status Log in the Web Server tab. It should show "Started".

LukeB

image_2020-10-28_124152.png

Progress.......

I went back in to the Firewall settings and set them back to default. I was able to pull up the scanner using the local IP address on my home network. I tried checking the outside IP via my phone, not connected to my WiFi and still received the Connection Refused error.

LukeB

While I'm able to access the virtual scanner on the same computer via the web browser and as ProScan is running on, I'm not able to pull it up on my phone being connected to the WiFi. The laptop running ProScan is on WiFi as well, connected to the same network as my phone but I'm only able to get it on the computer.
IMG_20201028_130154~2.jpg

Last edited:

LukeB

Thank you for chiming in @freqseeker. I could use a little bit more of patience...lol The kicker of all of this is I know I'm going to look back at everything and want to slap myself around for missing something obvious.

I changed the IP addresses and it still didnt work. After checking the Port Checking Tool using the local IP, I did get a connection timed out instead of connection refused...

I am only able to pull up the Virtual Scanner on the laptop that is connected to WiFi but running ProScan. I tried pulling it up on various other devices and laptop and no luck.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Thank you for chiming in @freqseeker. I could use a little bit more of patience...lol The kicker of all of this is I know I'm going to look back at everything and want to slap myself around for missing something obvious.

I changed the IP addresses and it still didnt work. After checking the Port Checking Tool using the local IP, I did get a connection timed out instead of connection refused...

I am only able to pull up the Virtual Scanner on the laptop that is connected to WiFi but running ProScan. I tried pulling it up on various other devices and laptop and no luck.
Then you have a firewall on the PC hosting ProScan that is blocking that connection. You need to allow port 5000 through the firewall or disable it.

LukeB

I allowed ProScan access on all Inbound and Outbound instances as well as disabled the firewall and still not working........................

I used to have ESET Smart Security installed but have since stopped using it. Within my firewall settings on the PC, its telling me that These Settings are being managed by vendor application ESET which I haven't used in 3 years.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Check if more then one firewall on the computer. Also see if the Router Firewall can be disabled for a test.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Check if more then one firewall on the computer. Also see if the Router Firewall can be disabled for a test.
The router won't come into play for a local LAN test. I would not recommend disabling any router's firewall.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The router won't come into play for a local LAN test. I would not recommend disabling any router's firewall.
Just for a test.
My understanding is he got it working locally because of : "While I'm able to access the virtual scanner on the same computer"
Now we are at canyouseeme.org is failing because of "After checking the Port Checking Tool using the local IP, I did get a connection timed out"

LukeB

I had to start over. I had accidentally changed a setting and wiped my internet out for the last few hours. Finally got it back. I am seeing and controlling the scanner in ProScan. Using the local IP address 192.168.x.xx:5000, I can pull up the scanner on the computer that is running ProScan via a wireless connection.

I am still not able to connect from my phone using the local IP address while on the WiFi. Nor can I connect using the Outside IP 24.44.xx.xxx:5000. The connection is still timing out again when using the Port checking tool. I've tried setting up the port forwarding using both the local and outside IP addresses with no luck.

Out of curiosity, can this have anything to do with the computer I'm working with being on WiFi? Could it be grabbing the wrong outside IP address?

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Check your firewall to open port 5000 on the PC that ProScan is on...
I don't use windows defender, I use ESET...
Google how to open a port in windows defender... It's out there...

That was my problem using it on my internal network...

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I had to start over. I had accidentally changed a setting and wiped my internet out for the last few hours. Finally got it back. I am seeing and controlling the scanner in ProScan. Using the local IP address 192.168.x.xx:5000, I can pull up the scanner on the computer that is running ProScan via a wireless connection.
That's good so Step 1 is okay.
I am still not able to connect from my phone using the local IP address while on the WiFi.
I would ignore that for now. I've heard of a few others that can't connect to the server using the smart phone WiFi on the same network.
Nor can I connect using the Outside IP 24.44.xx.xxx:5000. The connection is still timing out again when using the Port checking tool. I've tried
setting up the port forwarding using both the local and outside IP addresses with no luck.
So I would focus on this step 2. Use the computer IP address and not the outside address in the Forward-to-address box.
See if canyouseeme.org can see port 5000 opened. The Web Server needs to be started for this test.
Out of curiosity, can this have anything to do with the computer I'm working with being on WiFi? Could it be grabbing the wrong outside IP address?
I don't think so. Only the router uses the outside address.

What you could do for a test is go to the Windows command prompt then type in "ipconfig" and verify the IP Address is the same 192.168.1.59

LukeB

Check your firewall to open port 5000 on the PC that ProScan is on...
I don't use windows defender, I use ESET...
Google how to open a port in windows defender... It's out there...

That was my problem using it on my internal network...
Thank you for the suggestion. I went in to Windows Firewall and created a rule to allow port 5000. The only option I had in Windows Defender was to turn it off, which I did. Port forwarding tool still timed out. I then shut off the Firewall and Windows Defender, tried to port forwarding tool again, and still getting a timed out message.

I do not know what else could be blocking this. The Firewall with Inbound & Outbound rules created for port 5000 didnt work, nor did it work when I turned the Firewall and Windows Defender off.

Ipconfig returns the same local address I'm seeing in the Web Server tab. That is also the IP address being used in my router for port forwarding. Port check = timed out

I tried inputting the outside IP into the router port forwarding section and checking the tool again and still getting a timed out message.

Did I cover all of the steps you guys have generously shared with me?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Did I cover all of the steps you guys have generously shared with me?
It sounds like it. What about the router Port Forwarding Lan Interface? Your screenshot shows switch0. Can you try another setting such as eth1

LukeB

I tried the other open ethernet jacks which were eth1 and eth3 and still getting timed out on the port checking tool.

On the port checking tool, its grabbing my outside IP address. I'm not able to change that field. I'm assuming that is correct.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
On the port checking tool, its grabbing my outside IP address. I'm not able to change that field. I'm assuming that is correct.
That is correct. That is your outside or real IP address.
Did you change the "Port to Check:" to 5000?

LukeB

That is correct. That is your outside or real IP address.
Did you change the "Port to Check:" to 5000?
Thought so, just making sure.

Yes sir, I even tried switching the port in case 5000 for some reason wasn't valid. Ran through all of the steps, changed in all the areas, firewall off, still nada.

Is it safe to say that this isn't a common issue or am I just that much of a moron?

My ISP is Optimum. I no longer use their router. I replaced it with my own which is the Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.