Setting up DSDPlus for IDAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
There is a site not tremendously far from me that DSDPlus identifies as IDAS. It's a bit odd because another site that is owned by the same company operates as NXDN96. In fact, the site I'm trying to hear used to ID as NXDN96, but for some reason now appears as IDAS.

It's active and shows channels and TGs, but I have no idea how to set up DSDPlus to figure out the channel order and associated frequencies.

I've set up Cap+, Con+, and NXDN48 and 96 systems with little problem. For the NXDN systems, I can calculate channel/frequency. But, IDAS has me perplexed and the "Understanding IDAS Trunking" thread is closed so I can't ask there.

One last thing. The control channel broadcasts continuously, it doesn't "beacon" like a LTR or Cap+ system.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
This could possibly be what is called IDAS composite.. :unsure:
It's mentioned in a few threads.. FWIW..
RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
The CC can become the Voice Ch (NXDN) when needed, It can be deployed at very low traffic areas as a one frequency site setup.

Yep. Likely what it is. We had a couple of Domer Communications sites here in Ohio running composite. NXDN96 CC, but shows as IDAS when voice occurs on the same channel.

mike

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
It can also occur on a site when all the available VC's are busy, and 1 more is required..
The CC ch reverts to a VC to complete a call, So no addition trunking calls can occur until the CC becomes available again, but calls already in progress/setup can continue.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, everyone. This actually gives me some hints as to what to look for. I'll have to get up to a location where I can get a good signal, so some listening and take some notes.

I'm familiar with Composite mode from a different NXDN trunk system I listen to. For a while, a few sites were always working in composite mode, but in NXDN. Those sites now have had more frequencies active.

For the IDAS system, I have seen more than one channel number, so it doesn't seem to be working in composite mode. Lot's of private call activity also, but some TGs active.

Since I know the licensed frequencies for that site and have listened to them in NXDN96 mode in the past, it seems to be a matter of matching channel number with activity and going from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.