Unication G5 & RISCON

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Anyone using a Unication G5 monitoring RISCON?

I normally use my G5 to monitor CSP Troop E, as my Fire Dept is VHF, but the Conn State Police dispatch our cops ... but anyway ... I loaded RISCON South into my G5, for Westerly and no matter what where I am in Stonington/Pawcatuck/Ashaway/Westerly my pager says it can't find a channel to lock onto and monitor the RISCON syste. I have the control channel and all the alternates loaded in there, but I get nothing.

I can monitor RISCON no problem with a Uniden 396xt, 996XT, 996P2 ... anyone else having an issue with RISCON and the G5 down this way?

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Doesn't the Unication use Site IDs? If so make sure the South Zone is set to 15 and not 2. IT changed in August.

floridafuzz

Anyone using a Unication G5 monitoring RISCON?

I normally use my G5 to monitor CSP Troop E, as my Fire Dept is VHF, but the Conn State Police dispatch our cops ... but anyway ... I loaded RISCON South into my G5, for Westerly and no matter what where I am in Stonington/Pawcatuck/Ashaway/Westerly my pager says it can't find a channel to lock onto and monitor the RISCON syste. I have the control channel and all the alternates loaded in there, but I get nothing.

I can monitor RISCON no problem with a Uniden 396xt, 996XT, 996P2 ... anyone else having an issue with RISCON and the G5 down this way?
Here is some information from my G5:
also: RFSS/Site: 1/15

Attachments

• PXL_20201121_231701053.jpg
    PXL_20201121_231701053.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 63
  • PXL_20201121_231950133.jpg
    PXL_20201121_231950133.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 61

sefrischling

I just opened my G5 code plug and F is what I have in there. Those four frequencies. Still says out of range, even while at the Amtrak station in Westerly. I get CSP Troop E, no problem from the same location, and can pick up Waterford's system from the same location.

How odd.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I just opened my G5 code plug and F is what I have in there. Those four frequencies. Still says out of range, even while at the Amtrak station in Westerly. I get CSP Troop E, no problem from the same location, and can pick up Waterford's system from the same location.

How odd.
Did you ever get it to work? I can get the system here in Milford on my SDS100 about 25-30 percent of the time. Now that I just got a G5, there hasn't been a day in the last week where I wasn't able to get the system perfectly. I attached a screenshot of my settings for the system. Control Channel is 853.875 for the south zone. Funnt, every time the control channel calls up voice channel 852.925, I hear Suffolk County traffic whenever they are using that voice channel at the same time. Suprised they share the same voice channel being the east side of Suffolk is pretty close to RI.riscon settings.jpg

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
In Westerly ? No. Further into Rhode Island, yes. But in Westerly it self, or just on the bordering Stonington, nope.
ok so at least you know it is programmed correct if you are receiving the system somewhere. What antenna are you using? They came out with a new, and improved short duck that has a blue band on it. Don't know if you have the updated one. Also, in my experience, I get about a 2 bar improvement on everything when using the old RS 800Mhz. duck. Not as portable as the short duck but makes a big difference if you are trying to get a distant system.

sefrischling

ok so at least you know it is programmed correct if you are receiving the system somewhere. What antenna are you using? They came out with a new, and improved short duck that has a blue band on it. Don't know if you have the updated one. Also, in my experience, I get about a 2 bar improvement on everything when using the old RS 800Mhz. duck. Not as portable as the short duck but makes a big difference if you are trying to get a distant system.

I use a modified Motorola stubby on my G5. It works far better than the OEM antenna on Connecticut's CLMRN system, my primary system. My FD is on VHF, our PD is dispatched by CSP, so that's really who I listen to on the G5. But when I head just slightly east, I like to listen to RISCON.

Status
Not open for further replies.