Tram 1411 & Hustler DCL-B Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

436isthe1

Whistler ws1080/Uniden 436hp/GD-77and Cobra 29 ltd
I have tram1411 and a hustler dcl-b, my tram 1411 was receiving great its up 35ft and now its not receiving so well, coax and antenna is good shape. My hustler dcl-b is about 20+ feet and for some reason my hustler dcl-b is receiving better for some reason than the tram1411 don't understand why the tram 1411 was receiving great but it isn't now. I'm thinking about taking the tram 1411 down and put it up 35ft and put the tram 1411 at 25+ft. Wonder what the receive would be like on the hustler dcl-b if the top radials where bent upwards? I Scanner Monitor app and that is how I can monitor my signal strength. Running 50ft of coax on both antennas .

Attachments

• HSR-DCL-B.jpg
    HSR-DCL-B.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Tram 1411 Ant.jpg
    Tram 1411 Ant.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 4

436isthe1

How do you know the coax and antenna is in good shape? Did you measure the SWR or return loss?
Bill
no swr its for scanner application. I checked coax with ohm meter the coax and antenna was brand new when I purchased it,

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
Ok, however SWR/return loss is a measurement of the match between the antenna and coax for both transmit and receive. The test you performed only checked to see if the coax was shorted. It could be open.
Bill

436isthe1

Ok, however SWR/return loss is a measurement of the match between the antenna and coax for both transmit and receive. The test you performed only checked to see if the coax was shorted. It could be open.
Bill
i have a swr meter how do i check it with just
a scanner?

Ubbe

You probably need to take down the tram and inspect its antenna connector and unscrew the top whip and look into the base to see if there's oxidation or water instrusion. Also check the whips bottom part, where it probably has a coil, for cracks and oxidation and if can be unscrewed in some way and inspected.

/Ubbe

436isthe1

You probably need to take down the tram and inspect its antenna connector and unscrew the top whip and look into the base to see if there's oxidation or water instrusion. Also check the whips bottom part, where it probably has a coil, for cracks and oxidation and if can be unscrewed in some way and inspa
You probably need to take down the tram and inspect its antenna connector and unscrew the top whip and look into the base to see if there's oxidation or water instrusion. Also check the whips bottom part, where it probably has a coil, for cracks and oxidation and if can be unscrewed in some way and inspected.

/Ubbe
would it help reception if i took off top part of the antenna? its just for 27mhz

Ubbe

would it help reception if i took off top part of the antenna? its just for 27mhz
The coil whould work as a high impedans isolation at higher frequencies but if you do not monitor below 100MHz you could remove it if you can water protect was left of the discone antenna.

/Ubbe

436isthe1

The coil whould work as a high impedans isolation at higher frequencies but if you do not monitor below 100MHz you could remove it if you can water protect was left of the discone antenna.

/Ubbe
Put silicone in the slot the whip goes in?

436isthe1

Bill
Coax is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.