Broadcastify Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
May have been answered already, but I just want to go to bed. I've noticed that some frequencies/talkgroups have disappeared from the Calls Platform. Specifically Maricopa County, AZ. There are fewer Sheriff talkgroups than before, and one point, Avondale Police Dispatch (4499) was available briefly.

How, then, does this Calls thing work? Why aren't all talkgroups always available? I'd love to see this improve in the next year.

JustPlainMike

According to the Calls Coverage Browser, the only site from the Maricopa County system being fed to Calls is the Chandler/Mesa Simulcast site. You are only going to hear radio traffic affiliating with that particular site. For example, you will only hear calls from Avondale PD if an Avondale officer has their radio close enough to the Chandler/Mesa site to affiliate with it and send the radio traffic there. The only way to fix this and get more calls is for more volunteers to feed other sites from that system to Calls.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
May have been answered already, but I just want to go to bed. I've noticed that some frequencies/talkgroups have disappeared from the Calls Platform. Specifically Maricopa County, AZ. There are fewer Sheriff talkgroups than before, and one point, Avondale Police Dispatch (4499) was available briefly.

How, then, does this Calls thing work? Why aren't all talkgroups always available? I'd love to see this improve in the next year.
Broadcastify Calls feeds are provided by users like you and me. In order for Avondale PD talkgroup to be available, someone would need to provide a calls feed for an RWC site that that transmits this talkgroup. Presently there are RWC feeds for Simulcast C (Chandler and Ahwatukee area), Simulcast F (Tempe Area) and Simulcast H (Scottsdale area). None of these sites carry Avondale PD talkgroups.

Until someone puts up a Calls feed that covers the West Valley, this will not be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.