• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood NX-3200 Two Tone Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockinromac1

Feed Provider
Hello all, I'm having a issue with Two Tones. I am trying to get the same radio to page for 2 departments which one uses a two tone and one uses a long tone. The first departments tones work fine and it activates fine. The second departments tones do not activate the radio. If I put the second Departments Long Tone in the twotone1 slot, it activates fine. I am trying to get it to activate while scanning and the tones should be plenty long for it to activate while scanning. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You!

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Scan and two tone paging don't always work well, even with long tones.

Also, there are some Motorola two tone setups that use really short length tones and some other brand radios will have trouble decoding those.

Try putting -just- the agency that uses two tone in there and see if it alerts.

rockinromac1

Feed Provider
Scan and two tone paging don't always work well, even with long tones.

Also, there are some Motorola two tone setups that use really short length tones and some other brand radios will have trouble decoding those.

Try putting -just- the agency that uses two tone in there and see if it alerts.
The department that uses the 2 tones is the one that is working correctly. Im having the issue with the long tone department. Total the long tone is about 8 seconds so I doubt that that is the issue.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Just a idea, is it possible that the radio only looks for the page on the selected channel?

OK, I missed that in your original post.

I don't have my laptop here at home with that software on it, so I can't look it up. It should decode if the receiver picks up the correct tone. Scanning is often an issue with 2 tone paging or even things like MDC or DTMF since it can miss the first part. A long single tone should work if it's programmed correctly.

rockinromac1

Feed Provider
Ok, I just did a test for Tone Test. Selected the channel that wasn't working before and turned off scan. The tone alerted as it should. Anyone have any ideas or want any screenshots of any pages in the software?

Status
Not open for further replies.