Columbia Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

whop94

Premium Subscriber
I can confirm Columbia Co is in the clear this morning on 154.875, NAC 110, getting a good signal here in Madison.

a1emt

Premium Subscriber
Kudos to Columbia County for a very sensible approach to adding encryption capability into a new system! Oftentimes full encryption hinders situational awareness between other disciplines (fire/ems) and interoperability with neighboring jurisdictions.

Gasman315

Premium Subscriber
Kudos to Columbia County for a very sensible approach to adding encryption capability into a new system! Oftentimes full encryption hinders situational awareness between other disciplines (fire/ems) and interoperability with neighboring jurisdictions.

Gasman315

Premium Subscriber
As of this week ALL Sherrif department communications are encrypted .Municipal police,fire and ems are on a different freq remains in the clear. I do not know if radio techs monitor this page but maybe the freq are locked down for a testing phase.

wirr

Database Admin
I was listening to Columbia Sheriff this morning...not encrypted...

evilbrad

My head makes a bad antenna
Enc p25 "eeew"lol

Portage Co Shf-Plover and the St Point dispatch Freq is a mix of not enc and enc no rhyme or reason. Grr.. hope Columbia dont follow

Amen

SCNRHEAD

Premium Subscriber
New YAGI takes care of the problem, crystal clear, of course pointing at the source. Thanks for every ones input, much appreciated. New Unication G5 pager in the near future just for more radio fun.

SaukScanR

Feed Provider
A RF tech with Baycom told me this:
COSO channel 1 is P25 phase 1 (P1) LSM modulation. It's the LSM (same signal from multiple towers) that your scanner has a hard time with. The only Phase 2 (P2) system in central wi is Dane county's DaneCom trunking system which runs both p1 and p2 talk groups.

He steered me to the wiki link on simulcast.

SCNRHEAD

Premium Subscriber
Actually I'm neighbors with a guy that works for Baycom. I tried everything on the wiki simulcast page, all to no avail. I put up a new yagi pointing at SO and signals pretty good. Also works good is my mobile, antenna tuned for 154.000. when traveling in Dane my mobile works fine for Danecom. But probably going to pick up a Unication G5 for something else to play with.

Gasman315

Premium Subscriber
I think

155.41500154.95000KSA450RM167.9 PLCOSO3Sheriff Municipal DispatchFMNLaw Dispatch

may have gone digital. I set my scanner to digital but do not have a clue as to the NAC if they indeed went over. Any ideas appreciated

djeplett

I set my scanner to digital but do not have a clue as to the NAC if they indeed went over. Any ideas appreciated
What make/model of scanner do you have? NAC search can usually be done with just about any P25 capable scanner, but it varies by model how it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.