• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

V1.31 G2-G5 Firmware Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
I know this doesn't help you, but after the prep time, I was able to log right in. All I can suggest is check your username and password.

NO user and Password are fine, it works fine if I leave RR offline, so currently it appears anyone can import without having a RR account.

FJB2022

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else having an issue with the new PPS working with windows 10? It won't give me the optiion to read because it's not showing I have the G5 plugged up. I hadn't had any issues prior, I've tried getting it to work on 2 W10 machines with no luck and it's not showing up on Device Manager. Works great on windows 7.

Hit_Factor

Anyone else having an issue with the new PPS working with windows 10? It won't give me the option to read because it's not showing I have the G5 plugged up. I hadn't had any issues prior, I've tried getting it to work on 2 W10 machines with no luck and it's not showing up on Device Manager. Works great on windows 7.
Look in the event viewer - system log. There will likely be an event ID associated wit the event.

I bet most of us are using Win10, it's not as simple as saying it's a win10 problem.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Im running Windows 10 Home version 20H2 no issues with PPS.
I also uninstalled previous versions of PPS after installing the new one.

mpreece

The v1.31 firmware had successfully fixed all my noted problems from v1.30. Analog QCII is working, MDC is working, delay of locking in on a conventional channel when first accessed, no cut out when MDC channels received.

As I noted above, it does appear that the function TG-Monitor is no longer active. Simple workaround.

Also, v1.20 and earlier, the silent scan knob setting would override the individual channel reset settings. Not in this version! So I had to duplicate the individual channels to set for “timeout reset” where previously they were on “auto reset.” So now I have “autoreset” channels for normal scan knob positions, and the “timeout reset” for silent scan knob position use. This enables me to listen in either an active or standby mode, as needed.

Kudos to the Unication team in resolving the many issues I had in v1.30.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I’m trying to update my firmware and it’s asking for a serial number, where do I find that?

tkowalik

Banned
Anyone else having an issue with the new PPS working with windows 10? It won't give me the optiion to read because it's not showing I have the G5 plugged up. I hadn't had any issues prior, I've tried getting it to work on 2 W10 machines with no luck and it's not showing up on Device Manager. Works great on windows 7.

Delete the generic driver and download the driver from the Unication website and see if that works. Mine worked fine on Windows 10 until there was a windows update last month, then the pps wouldn’t recognize the pager. After I downloaded the driver it started working again as normal.

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Having the same issue, user name password invalid, works on RR but not in PPS ,but I can still import hmm. @Jeff780 I had to download the driver file for it to work properly on my win10 laptop

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
Having the same issue, user name password invalid, works on RR but not in PPS
Same here, Sounds like a RR issue, a friend who does not have a premium account tried and it logged in and said he didn't have an account. Mine just keeps doing the user name password invalid, but it works fine on here and Broadcastify

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I had no problem logging into RR. Just to figure out how problem from yhere

JASII

Memory Capacity
I just upgraded. All is well AND I still have 128 x 8 zones!

N6ML

Those having trouble with RR login; do you have any "funny characters" in your password? i.e. other than letters and numbers? Might be worth trying a simpler password.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Can someone tell me where the serial number is located, so I can update the firmware. Thanks

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
heres how you get to radio reference
1st click the orange button
2020-12-23_23-34-46.png

then login
2020-12-23_23-35-45.png

here you go
2020-12-23_23-37-12.png

NOTE: any information you import from RR will append itself to the currently open record so be careful where you import

NJFireD1

PPS will not accept my username and password for RR. However, I can use the same information and get right into RR premium.

N6ML

PPS will not accept my username and password for RR. However, I can use the same information and get right into RR premium.

See comment #54 - no one has commented if they've tried it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.