• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

How Common Is The Radio Reference Import Error Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Is the Radio Reference Import Issue pretty common or it is actually fairly rare?

I did the firmware update, but I haven't tried importing from Radio Reference, yet. Needless to say, I don't want my Unication G5 or computer to become FUBAR!

Last edited:

N6ML

I've seen two issues reported. One is that the RR username/password appears to be rejected. The other is that PPS crashes when attempting to do the RR import. In both cases, as far as I understand, the problems only occur when actually trying to do the import. I can't see how it could cause your pager or your computer to "become FUBAR". If anything, you just won't be able to use that feature, but the rest of PPS should continue to work.

Worst case, you might have to wipe your PPS databases and start over. If you don't already have backup copies of your profile(s) exported as .unipps files and saved elsewhere (cloud, thumb drive, etc.), you should do that anyway - your computer is going to die some day, likely for some reason unrelated to PPS!

qc

Premium Subscriber
I tested V03.16.21 on two different Windows 10 machines and they both give the same error "Invalid User Name or password" confirmed my login information and it works without problems with Butel ARC536PRO I also have a 250 Mbps ISP line my post link Import Radio Reference Error

bob550

Premium Subscriber
I'm running Win 10 Pro, ver. 20H2, with all relevant updates and have had no troubles with the RR import feature. I've done multiple imports with no crashes or password issues. I'd suggest disabling your antivirus before opening PPS and attempting a RR import to see if that impacts the results. While I haven't needed to try that, results may vary with different antivirus software.

N6ML

Do you even have to sign in to import?

No, but you won't get the absolute latest data if you don't. PPS comes with a giant ZIP file with ~94,485 CSV files in, which it extracts the first time you use the RR feature - that's what it's doing when it takes forever to "prepare".

jpb

Premium Subscriber
@N6ML reports what I saw. I'm the guy who stares at downloads like a zombie until it's done. I didn't have a problem logging in to RR using my user name and PW (uncomplicated, but probably not easily cracked). When it logged in and started downloading, I soon broke out of zombie land and went to bed. No idea how long that initial download of the RR took, but it seems to have worked, so be patient. CAVEAT EMPTOR: I have not tried to load the G5 with all the data, but PPS APPEARS to be up to date with RR. Good luck, all.

kd7jfv

Database Admin
I too am having the problem of an invalid user name and password. A simple username and simple password doesn't seem to fix the problem. Completely disabled Norton Antivirus and still no go. Any other ideas?

Reactions: qc

qc

Premium Subscriber
@kd7jfv Can the radioreference.com be flagging some of the login attempts Via PPS as a security threat is denying access? I tested ProScan and BuTel they both download the radio reference database without any issues

kd7jfv

Database Admin
I have now installed PPS on a new computer, same problem. I have just logged into radioreference.com and downloaded from ProScan without any problems. Frustrating...

qc

Premium Subscriber
I also installed the PPS on 3 different Computers two Windows 10 and one Windows 7 and disabled antivirus and firewall but still does not work @Uni1

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I am able to login with both the beta and public versions, so I'm guessing the issue user/password specific.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Just a shot in the dark, my password is all lower case and worked first try on 3 computers with different operating systems. If yours isn't working, maybe you have an upper case character in your password? Trying to narrow down the problem here. Maybe the PPS isn't submitting the inputted password case sensitive.

Edit, I just purposely tried signing in with one of my characters upper case, and it wouldn't let me in, So scratch that thought.

Last edited:

qc

Premium Subscriber
Hi, @pro106import @KevinC I changed my password to all lower case and tested upper case and lower case for the username but still the same issues it has to be some kind of authentication issue there is no problems with ProScan and BuTel just PPS

Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.