• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

How Common Is The Radio Reference Import Error Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bberns22

Worked for me perfectly running latest version of Windows 10, I also run PPS as administrator. My RR password contains a mix of upper/lower case and numbers...

bberns22

I suggest everyone share their Windows version to see if there is a common thread. Also including my basic system summary

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB

kd7jfv

Database Admin
Just to be clear, the “offline” radio reference import does work! It’s just the login that is not.

buttaik

Worked for me perfectly running latest version of Windows 10, I also run PPS as administrator. My RR password contains a mix of upper/lower case and numbers...
The issue resolved itself when I did the following (thanks to another user in a different Unication thread):

Close PPS software

Under the ProgramData\Unication file directory, rename the RadioReference directory to something else (like RadioReferenceOld).

Open PPS Software

Click Import Radio Reference icon in upper right of PPS software

Allow the process to complete. Took 15 minutes or more to complete (keep pc from sleeping while this process completes).

Once completed the RR import worked fine for me.

Hope this helps.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Just tried it for the first time. Won't take my username / password. Quadruple checked both, changed my password so something less complex, same result.

Reactions: qc

bob550

Premium Subscriber
This is shot in the dark and I have no idea why this would matter, but for those of you having trouble, are you subscribed to an 180 day, 360 day, or 720 day plan?

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
This is shot in the dark and I have no idea why this would matter, but for those of you having trouble, are you subscribed to an 180 day, 360 day, or 720 day plan?

None of the above. DBA Access.

n1das

I have not had any trouble logging in and the PPS crashes when I try to use the RR Import feature, same as what others are reporting. I am using PPS version V03.16.21 and my brand new G5 UHF-D w/DMR has V1.31 firmware.

I worked around it by downloading and saving what I wanted from the RR database as an Excel file. Importing to PPS from the Excel file worked. It's the RR Direct Import that's not working as others have reported.

Good to know that Unication's SW team is on it. :)

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Working fine for me after some effort and reading and rereading this thread.

The initial download took almost 30 minutes, this first time I stopped it at 15.

I then followed the renaming folder suggested in this thread and downloading new driver.

Nice improvement, thanks Unication.TW . Nice to see all the product support.

Status
Not open for further replies.