• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Programming issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
I've been working on this issue for two days and it's driving me batty.

Goal: Two tone paging on P25P 2 Trunked TG.

So, I have the system mapped out and decoding appropriately.

I have the paging talkgroup added as a group ID in tab 5.
I have the agency's tones added as a separate group ID in tab 5.

I set a control knob to Trunking TG Normal Scan.
Under that I have "Binding Feature" set to "Sub Group Feature".
In the priority Talkgroup list I have one single Group which it the group where the pages will be received.
In the Binding Settings: Sub Group Settings I have the appropriate tones selected and "Alternatives" is *NOT checked*.

Yet the pager unmutes for all traffic on that talkgroup.

What silly little thing am I missing here?

mkinkade

Premium Subscriber
In the D5 tab, do you have the agency tones on the same line as the P25T TGID? If not, they may not be associating with that talkgroup ID.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
In the D5 tab, do you have the agency tones on the same line as the P25T TGID? If not, they may not be associating with that talkgroup ID.

I have tried it both with and without... Regardless, it's not an alerting issue... I can't get it to stay quiet until the agency tones are received.

Last edited:

RBMTS

D6 and select the switch setting you want to have a tone alert only. Just underneath where you select the priority or non-priority TG's, there is a selection for the "binding setting". Push the button for "Sub Group Setting". Select the TG that the will be tone alerting on (if you are monitoring more than one TG). Push "Edit". This is where you select the tone group(s) that the pager alerts on. Check the box for what ones you want. DO NOT check the box to enable "Alternatives". This might be what is putting you into monitor mode. See if you are setup properly.

By the way, the furthest duplicate section below this is for how the pager will act if it initially alerted and is monitoring. If you still want to alert on tones while in the monitor mode, you have to also complete the second section furthest down (hopefully that makes sense).

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
I double checked those items, and I'm sure I'm just overlooking something small.

Attached are some screenshots, but I had to block out some things that I can't publicly release and to avoid doxxing myself.

I followed a couple videos from unication that I found online step by step.

But still, when I key up my APX on that TG, it comes over the pager like any other received call.

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    487.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    509.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    429.8 KB · Views: 34

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
What is the talkgroup your tones are suppose to be on? Something doesn't look right to me in the circled section. Maybe show us a screenshot of D5. I've posted mine in the 2nd and 3rd photos below.
1610211293297.png

Here's what mine looks like for my local system.
1610211353139.png
1610211499501.png

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Fire 1 is the talk group the tones are supposed to be on. It’s ridiculous, but I didn’t set the system up.

I had tried it previously witha Group ID set up exclusively for paging (same ID but with tones selected in tab 5). It seemed to do the same.

I'm off duty today so my testing is limited to waiting until there's traffic on that TG.

tkowalik

Banned
Try putting the tones in the phase 2 column in tab D6. It looks like you only have tones in Phase 1 (under sub group settings I only see Type 1). The database shows Iowa is phase 2. That’s my best guess, everything else is how I have mine set up.

tkowalik

Banned
Try putting the tones in the phase 2 column in tab D6. It looks like you only have tones in Phase 1 (under sub group settings I only see Type 1). The database shows Iowa is phase 2. That’s my best guess, everything else is how I have mine set up.

I meant tab D5 put the tones in both Phase 1 and 2 columns and make sure you have “no setting” in the P25 TGID column in D5.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
I meant tab D5 put the tones in both Phase 1 and 2 columns and make sure you have “no setting” in the P25 TGID column in D5.

Good catch, but I'm not sure why that would prevent the unit from muting without tones. Either way, it has been corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.