i can't update my uniden sds 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Thank you very much for your help. I could not find the place you said. If I ask, can you send a link.

These are direct links to the download for those files....

This first one is for the Sub Version: 1.02.01 :

This one is for the Main version: 1.10.00 :

Connect your scanner to your computer in the "mass storage" mode.

Do not use the Sentinel software to do this.

Be sure you have a fully charged set of batteries, or that you are running on mains power.

Put both of those files directly into the "firmware" folder on the SD card.

Disconnect the USB cable and let the scanner re-boot.

Let us know if your scanner updated.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
You are very fast, I really appreciate your help. If I can manage the 1.10.00 update. Will I need to do updates before 1.10.00 or can I update them all ....

You don't need to do all of the updates, just do the newest ones.

nazlicafe

[QUOTE = "fxdscon, gönderi: 3438346, üye: 101354"]
Tüm güncellemeleri yapmanız gerekmez, sadece en yenilerini yapın.
[/ALINTI]
Ben tam olarak ne dediysen onu yaptım. ve cihazım güncellendi. Ne kadar mutlu olduğumu söyleyemem. Sds1oo'yu tanıtmak için daha yeniyim. Öğrenecek çok şeyim var. Size ve yardım etmeye çalışan arkadaşlara bir kez daha teşekkür ediyorum. Harikasın. Sağlıklı kal. Herşey gönlünüzce olsun. Oyuncağımla biraz daha oynayacağım.
TA4LMK 73

Attachments

• 20210113_210913.jpg
    20210113_210913.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
[/ALINTI]
Ben tam olarak ne dediysen onu yaptım. ve cihazım güncellendi. Ne kadar mutlu olduğumu söyleyemem. Sds1oo'yu tanıtmak için daha yeniyim. Öğrenecek çok şeyim var. Size ve yardım etmeye çalışan arkadaşlara bir kez daha teşekkür ediyorum. Harikasın. Sağlıklı kal. Herşey gönlünüzce olsun. Oyuncağımla biraz daha oynayacağım.
TA4LMK 73

From Google translate...

I did exactly what you said. and my device has been updated. I cannot say how happy I am. I am new to introduce sds1oo. I have a lot to learn. Once again, thank you and the friends who tried to help. You are great. Stay healthy. Everything you get your heart desires. I will play a little more with my toy.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
[/ALINTI]
TA4LMK 73

I'm happy that you were able to get your scanner updated.

It is still a mystery why the scanner would not update using the Sentinel software.

If any other unusual problems occur, it could still be a faulty SD card.... sometimes an SD card that is failing may only affect 1 or 2 things.

nazlicafe

I'm happy that you were able to get your scanner updated.

It is still a mystery why the scanner would not update using the Sentinel software.

If any other unusual problems occur, it could still be a faulty SD card.... sometimes an SD card that is failing may only affect 1 or 2 things.
I will get a new Sd card and try it soon.

I'll write the results to you. What has changed on my device with the new update ..

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I will get a new Sd card and try it soon.

I'll write the results to you. What has changed on my device with the new update ..

The firmware update changes are listed here:

The "Beta" firmware that was in your scanner isn't on that list, but those changes are shown here:

Ubbe

My guess are that the inofficial beta firmware could not be properly handled by Sentinel to determine the version number.

Can't see that the SD card can have anything to do with it. Sentinel checks the firmware in the scanner and compares to what are on the Uniden file server.

/Ubbe

nazlicafe

My guess are that the inofficial beta firmware could not be properly handled by Sentinel to determine the version number.

Can't see that the SD card can have anything to do with it. Sentinel checks the firmware in the scanner and compares to what are on the Uniden file server.

/Ubbe
I did not get the device to zero. I bought it from second hand. It can be as you said. Sensible What should I do.? I could not get a Sd card yet due to the intensity of my work. I had no chance to try it out ... Thank you

Ubbe

What should I do.?
You should always have a spare SD card programmed identical to the one in the scanner, as a safe backup in your wallet or any other place that are always together with you or the scanner. They are only $10 so get one, 32GB or lower in size, whenever it is possible.

/Ubbe

nazlicafe

You should always have a spare SD card programmed identical to the one in the scanner, as a safe backup in your wallet or any other place that are always together with you or the scanner. They are only $10 so get one, 32GB or lower in size, whenever it is possible.

/Ubbe
I will consider your suggestion. Thank you for your ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.