Psr600 heap error 1f9a00:1fa1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tactcom42

Premium Subscriber
Ok guys I have read all the post I could find on this subject. im getting a 1f9a00:1fa1 error. Cant get welcome screen to do the 0 and 1 or 0 and 5 i can get to up boot ver if I push prog while truning it on.but goes back to heap error if i push any other button. win500 just saids no response from scanner.

tactcom42

Premium Subscriber
Heap error usually means a talkgroup is not affiliated with a trunked system.
See the heap error messages described here

Mike
Like I said. Have seen all the post and sites dealing with this. My problem is it wont let you do any deleteing of memory .you dont even get a welcome screen to push 0 and 1 to delete anything. Im useing a known good file to program with.this wasnt done by my file.someone elses.

ScannerSK

When this happened to me once, I found that I could push program immediately after start up (bypassing the heap error) and then assign a TSYS to any TGRP that does not have one assigned. If that does not work, I found holding down either the "1" or "2" during start up then pressing "exit" and then "pgm" will allow a person to bypass the heap error and assign a TSYS to any TGRP without requiring a memory reset.

Otherwise, can you load the memory from the scanner into the Win500 program, correct it and send it back into the scanner?

It will show "No TSYS" (see attached) when viewing objects under the "All Objects" tab in Win500.

Shawn

Attachments

• Win500.jpg
    Win500.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

tactcom42

Premium Subscriber
When this happened to me once, I found that I could push program immediately after start up (bypassing the heap error) and then assign a TSYS to any TGRP that does not have one assigned. If that does not work, I found holding down either the "1" or "2" during start up then pressing "exit" and then "pgm" will allow a person to bypass the heap error and assign a TSYS to any TGRP without requiring a memory reset.

Otherwise, can you load the memory from the scanner into the Win500 program, correct it and send it back into the scanner?

It will show "No TSYS" (see attached) when viewing objects under the "All Objects" tab in Win500.

Shawn
Just tried doing your tricks. Wont do anthing but go straight to error message.wont let you upload or download. I can hold prgm while turning it on and it goes to up boot version waiting on pc/if

ScannerSK

When holding down "3" while turning on the scanner, does it show versions numbers for all three lines?
uP App Ver = CPU Firmware Version
DSP App Ver = DSP Firmware Version

If necessary, you might try reflashing the CPU and DSP firmware.
Flash the CPU first (hold down PGM when turning on to access).
Flash the DSP second (while the scanner is booting press 0, PGM, ENT to access)

I'm sure there is a way to correct this.

Files located here: GRE America Inc.

Last edited:

tactcom42

Premium Subscriber
holding down the 3 does nothing at power up.prgm at power up shows up boot f1.1 up app1 ver u2.3 cpu sw upgrade wait for pc/if

ScannerSK

That is odd about the #3 not working at startup.
The "up boot f1.1" is not upgradeable.
The "up Appl Ver 2.3" is the CPU firmware. 2.3 is the last version released.

Strange... Maybe try reflashing the CPU firmware?

tactcom42

Premium Subscriber
Just flashed cpu went to 2.1 from 2.3 just to try and see.and it gets done an goes back to heap error. Its lock up good.

ScannerSK

I'm not sure where to go next. After reflashing the CPU, maybe try holding down 3 again or 0 again while turning on to see if anything has changed. I wonder if faulty memory could cause this situation or whether it is simply bad programming.

tactcom42

Premium Subscriber
done that. nothing new.same exact mess.only program and power up do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.