Alabama Interoperable Radio System (was: Alabama First Responder Network)

dave911

Premium Subscriber
Dave - Are these FTAC channels part of statewide FIRE Interop? Or are they unique to Shelby County 911 Fire Dispatch??

It's part of the Statewide Interop. I've heard Jefferson County departments on it on rare occasions.

dave911

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone figured out who the road crews are on 2411? It sounds like Jefferson County, but I'm not sure.

medic9351301

Banned
i dont know if it has to do with the fact that blount 911 dispatches for leeds and leeds is using afrn.

Julian1

I sat in with their 911 Center for several hours some months back.

They don’t have enough VHF repeaters for complete coverage.

Dispatching Leeds on JEFFCO 800 really is not pushing it.

They need ability to communicate with Ambulances at Birmingham area hospitals. They also do not have complete coverage to S.O. on VHF. Especially when handhelds are used.

I’m guessing six to eight tower sites for coverage. I wouldn’t be surprised to see SO and FD use vhf mobile repeaters to access the more powerful car-truck radio when handhelds are used. That’s a guess on my part.

Just wondering where you got this from?
I have also heard this, but I’m just curious to find out if it’s the same source.
i dont know if it has to do with the fact that blount 911 dispatches for leeds and leeds is using afrn.

medic9351301

Banned
Looks like Blount county MIGHT be moving forward .
Hearing techs talking about signal levels. like locust fork, 75, 278, coming through on Jeffco sites Palmerdale, Graysville sites.
Did mention a certain dead zone where nothing gets out "when we get a new tower that should help".
Sounds like the are impressed with the coverage of Palmerdale tower .
Makes me wonder if they are going to tie it into the Jeffco simulcast system.

Abmahaffey

Hearing techs talking about signal levels. like locust fork, 75, 278, coming through on Jeffco sites Palmerdale, Graysville sites.
Did mention a certain dead zone where nothing gets out "when we get a new tower that should help".
What TGID are you hearing this on??

Reactions: zac

Julian1

If I was forced to guess.... Blount would use selected Sites continuously.
North side of Jefferson County

Simulcast towers when EMS at hospitals: UAB ST.V ST.V-East Princeton and VA.
Or.... if a deputy was 10-100 southbound I-65 😃👍🏻

What TGID are you hearing this on??

Reactions: zac

medic9351301

Banned
Some Blount co agency using push to talk is patched to 40005 on Palmerdale tower (855.6375). Cant understand it sounds like a ewok drunk. all i can say for sure its a push to talk cause u can hear the 3 beeps at the first. might be Blount EMS or the SO.

Abmahaffey

Some Blount co agency using push to talk is patched to 40005 on Palmerdale tower (855.6375). Cant understand it sounds like a ewok drunk. all i can say for sure its a push to talk cause u can hear the 3 beeps at the first. might be Blount EMS or the SO.
There’s a good possibility that it is EMS, I know that their southern linc has that beep, if you can get a recording I can attempt to help identify.

medic9351301

Banned
DOES THE SO HAVE LINCS ALSO JUST CURRIOUS . I HAVE IN THE PAST HEARD SAY VIA 800 AND SOUTHERN LINC IS OR WAS 800 MHZ

Dwhitt301

Surprised no one on here picked up on this:

I mentioned it a few threads back. The last of the third tower was installed last month and the equipment should be coming in a few weeks. Looking at June/July time frame for the switch. It cannot come soon enough.

KG4DRF

Hopefully it will be better than it currently is. Can remember when in late 80's Arab got new repeater. Could here ambulance crew checking in at Huntsville Hospital and police could reach from Cullman. Now they are barely able to talk in a 5 mile radius. Just waiting for frequencies to come out so that I can set wildcard up to help get tgid's

KJ4TDM

Feed Provider
Blount Fire and SO are moving to the AIRS network. They currently have 2 main repeater sights for the analog system they are on. 1 site is planed to stay where it is, East (Palisades), the other site will be somewhere on the West side of the county but the location is still unknown. They will be installing a tower in the Arkadelphia community in Cullman county. So between the Warrior site, the new Arkadelphia site, & the 2 sites in Blount county they feel that will cover the county. The move is planed to take about 1.5 to 2 years to complete. The are looking for funding right now.

KG4DRF

Update on Marshall County P25
Saw news article that county commissioners will have meeting this Wednesday on approval of funds for "county operations only" for the new system. Says they are looking at June/July to have system for sheriff's department up and running. Nothing on timeline for other county agencies.
Arab's mayor has said city was looking to be on it in spring last I heard. Have to wonder now if that will be pushed back or if they will continue with the spring time changeover. Have heard nothing on Albertville or Guntersville timing of going to it.

KG4DRF

Arab Mayor announced on local radio news today that money for new radios approved. 911 chairman says they hope to be using them starting June 1, 2021. County commissioners approved funding for all county entities a couple of weeks ago. Still have not seen or heard about Guntersville or Albertville timeline on tying into the P25 system.