Whistler WS1040 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

vprouty4822

Hello all,
I have been attempting to program this Whistler WS1040 for someone to no avail. I’ve been using the ARC500 software for the past couple days and have all the talk groups and trunk systems in. After being programmed and tweaking everything, I receive a 5 bar connection strength and a flashing T along with a solid G yet I still don’t hear any transmissions when I hear them over the firehouse radio (I’m a volunteer firefighter).
I’m located in Frederick County, MD and am trying to receive MSP, FCSO, FPD, and FCFR trunked channels, no encrypted police channels. I have the primary and alternate control channels programmed in as well. Any help would be much appreciated and let me know if I missed anything information wise.
Regards,
Vince

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I’m located in Frederick County, MD and am trying to receive MSP, FCSO, FPD, and FCFR trunked channels, no encrypted police channels. I have the primary and alternate control channels programmed in as well.

It would help if you told us the system (the agencies might be on more than one system) you were programming in, that helps us to help you.

hill

Premium Subscriber
MSP is on Maryland First you need a phase 2 scanner for that.

Frederick City Police are encrypted.

Most likely simulcast issues.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is an ARC500 file for Frederick Co with Fire/EMS, Sheriff, and MSP. You will be able to select the Simulcast site, Brunswick site, or both depending upon your location. If you have any problems receiving, it will be due to simulcast distortion. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with ARC500 and Upload to Scanner. Scan lists as follows:

Frederick Co MD
SCAN LISTS:
1. Fred Co Fire/EMS (Simulcast Site)
2. Fred Co EMS Hosp (Simulcast Site)
3. Fred Co Sheriff (Simulcast Site)
4. MD State Police (Simulcast Site)
5. Fred Co Fire/EMS (Brunswick Site)
6. Fred Co EMS Hosp (Brunswick Site)
7. Fred Co Sheriff (Brunswick Site)
8. MD State Police (Brunswick Site)

Attachments

• Frederick Co MD.zip
    2 KB · Views: 3

vprouty4822

Thank you tvengr for the file, it works now! The clarity is low because of my location but I will test it at my firehouse this weekend where the signal is great.
Thanks to all for the help!

tvengr

Well Known Member
My pleasure! The WS1040 does not like simulcast. Sometimes, less signal is better. Try turning on the attenuator to see if reception improves. Let me know if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.