TwoToneDetect TwoToneDetect on a Raspberry Pi - How To

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotATechGuy

NotAMember
Premium Subscriber
There's a bug with the sequential sending in v73f. It'll be fixed in the next release.

Andy
I'm not sure if you are aware but there are also bugs with redundancy (ftp error), decrypting tones from remote tones config (decrypt error), the email options ALL and VERIZON options not working, as well as the delayed options not working. Tested on Raspberry Pi OS 5.4.79-v7l+ on a Pi 4b. This is what I remember off the top of my head, if I dig into 73f I'm sure I could find and detail a better bug report for you. Are these really bugs or was there an error during compiling the python files and the installer? Would you be able to recompile v73 and check/test it? Unless you have v74 close to release, that would be excellent news. Thanks for your time and efforts Andy.

DC31

Feed Provider
Would someone be able to guide me on setting up TTD on the pi? Want to use Pi instead of windows.

Download their preconfigured image, it is by far the easiest way. Even if you are not a IaR subscriber.

That link above takes you to post #897 in this thread.

CDTbolt10033

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I just want to pick up the pages from a scanner I am not a IaR subscriber just a scanner enthusiast also do have a recommendation for SDR software for the Pi that will scan frequencies like a scanner?

DC31

Feed Provider
Yeah, I just want to pick up the pages from a scanner I am not a IaR subscriber just a scanner enthusiast also do have a recommendation for SDR software for the Pi that will scan frequencies like a scanner?

My experience with SDR is that it is tons of trial and error. I currently use the above linked PiScan program as the audio source for two instances of TTD on a pi4. Getting the tweaks to the frequency offset, squelch, and gain can make you pull your hair out. I found the GUI associated with GQRX software very helpful in sorting this out. As I recall, GQRX is in the software list on the pi. Go to RPI configuration then add software and search for it. GQRX only runs on a pi4, not the older versions. GQRX can also scan but is much more resource intensive application.

DC31

Feed Provider
Got GQRX installed on the Pi 4 how do I make GQRX autostart on boot?
(Not sure what topic to ask this question)
i have not been successful with autostart for gqrx. A fairly thorough google search indicates we are not alone in this quest. At one point I found a means using xdotool but I was never able to make it work.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
When will that be released?
It's available now. If you follow the links via IaR's site you should get an email with links to 73g. If it doesn't work let me know.

v73g release notes:
  • Fixed record delay bug
  • Fixed exclude time bugs
  • Fixed bug related to sending messages sequentially
  • Fixed bugs with encrypting and decrypting tones.cfg files
  • Removed 4 and 10 second “ignore_after” minimums for AB and long tones, respectively
Andy

kb2ear

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have a copy of TwoToneDetect71d_Buster.tgz I can't find the copy I had.

Thanks,
Scott

ki4rug

Need some help getting this program setup, problem with sending pages. I have v73g running on windows 10 with a RTL_SDR sdrSharp and VBaudio cable. I am receiving audio to TTD, Tone files setup. Status screen is showing that is recognizing my tone groups, and I receive texts (via email) that I send out through the admin message function, but it seems as the software is not trying to send the recorded audio file. I can click on audio files and find the file and listen to it. Everything seems to work except it seems like its not trying to automatically send the audio file out.

DC31

Feed Provider
Is the audio file an .mp3 file?

look in the logfiles folder in your TTD directory and find a logXXXX.txt with a time decode. Post the file here or copy and paste the entries from “Tone Set Found” to the end of the decode activity. There should be error messages there.

Status
Not open for further replies.