I JUST FOUND OUT I BOUGHT A $700 PAPER WEIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenomorf

This is exactly why RR is almost unusable anymore. About 15% of the site actually contains facts and info people are looking for and the other 85% is the (same old members) fighting with each other and accomplishing nothing.
RR is the best there is! the info is there, some times you have to dig for it . turn the pages.

K3HY

Premium Subscriber
I use Sentinel only for a few things like Nationwide. Statewide and Counties I use Proscan and import from RR with 'don't import encrypted talk groups' checked.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
This is exactly why RR is almost unusable anymore. About 15% of the site actually contains facts and info people are looking for and the other 85% is the (same old members) fighting with each other and usefulness accomplishing nothing.
I'm not fighting with anyone Chris. Just responding to what I perceived as some rudeness, it happens and I've already dropped it.

As far as accomplishing nothing I think radio reference has really improved over the last few years. You should have seen it before you joined LOL, talk about fighting. As far as information and usefulness oh, it's never been better.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Are you encrypted @trentbob ?
Funny! Thank you also for getting the joke, you know I deliberately posted three times of course with the third time being a joke, I appreciate you getting it with the others. I'm sorry the original poster never came back, I guess everyone kept posting hoping that he would.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
He said, be wary of Radio Ref, they sometimes have bad listings, And darn it, he was right! The city of El Cajon went full encryption a looooong time ago and Rad Ref still hasnt updated their listing reflecting that
Radioreference relies on user submissions to stay up to date. Carrier pigeons don't fly into their window with a note to report every update everywhere in the country as it happens. From what I've read on the California forums El Cajon seemed to encrypt temporarily in the summer during the riots but then went to full time encryption in the beginning of this month? If the same talkgroups here are being utilized and they're all confirmed to now be encrypted, all someone has to do is submit the update to the database to get the "mode D" talkgroups changed to "mode DE". With that said, the SDS100 is far from a $700 paperweight. My county's police as well as a neighboring county's switched on the "big E" recently. I'm certain there is still plenty out there in a large metro area like San Diego to listen to in the clear, one just has to expand their monitoring interests to get the most out of this powerhouse of a scanner

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
I searched this site and saw in the summer they were going between “in the clear” and encrypted. So I don’t think they’ve been encrypted “for years”. Maybe some locals know. Are you picking up anything on the sites you programmed when doing ID searching? It sort of sounds like you may have done some odd programming by the wording.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
The initial post is manufactured outrage. A member for nearly 3 years and with a single digit post count, use of all CAPS to grab attention, the highly illogical binary assertion: 'I bought an expensive radio' - 'now useless for anything', the obligatory insult to RR and the membership, listens to SoCal LE but has no idea about pending encryption, and the now "missing" status.

The only thing missing is this:

1610729867989.png

eaf1956

Feed Provider
This is exactly why RR is almost unusable anymore. About 15% of the site actually contains facts and info people are looking for and the other 85% is the (same old members) fighting with each other and accomplishing nothing.
So you are resigning and not logging on anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.