2 meter SSB

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjm83651

Hello everyone,
I was curious if there is any 2 meter SSB activity? I'm a technician class ham and am interested in sideband operation. I was wondering if there is any activity on 2 meter before I invest in equipment. Thanks a lot.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
This weekend is your chance to hear plenty of traffic on 2m SSB and other bands. It is an ARRL VHF contest weekend. Expect most of the SSB traffic on 6m, 2m, and 70cm. There will be plenty of FM contest traffic as well.

RFI-EMI-GUY

If you look at the reports in QST above 50 MHz and the contest reports 2M SSB is the most active band. 6M will go a lot further however.

a417

Hello everyone,
I was curious if there is any 2 meter SSB activity? I'm a technician class ham and am interested in sideband operation. I was wondering if there is any activity on 2 meter before I invest in equipment. Thanks a lot.
location, location, location.

Where are you?

WB9YBM

Hello everyone,

Don't know about the rest of the country, but here in the 'burbs of Chicago it's used--I've even heard of a weekly net going on. (Don't know the frequency unfortunately--not much of a net person).

gmagyar74

Hello everyone,
You might try monitoring 144.200 USB for activity. That is the 2m SSB calling frequency.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
Manitoba Canada.. We run weekly SSB nets at 8:30 local time in and around Winnipeg. On 144.240 Mhz every Monday and on 432.100 Mhz every Wednesday. We had a 1296 Mhz SSB net, but it wasn't busy enough.

You should have an antenna with horizontal polarization. Gain doesn't hurt either. There are digital modes that can be done with an SSB 2M rig.. FT8 and MSK144 meteor scatter are two of the popular ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.