firmware update clarification ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlin

On BC15X, I currently have version 1.05.03
Is the update version 3.03.00 newer ? compatible ? etc ?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
On BC15X, I currently have version 1.05.03
Is the update version 3.03.00 newer ? compatible ? etc ?
If you mean the BCT15X, where are you seeing firmware version 3.03.00 for that scanner?

Please post a link to where you are seeing that.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
If you mean the BCT15X, where are you seeing firmware version 3.03.00 for that scanner?

Please post a link to where you are seeing that.

Looks like 3.03.00 is the updater utility and not the FW.

merlin

Looks like 3.03.00 is the updater utility and not the FW.
There was only the one file and supposedly has the update.
The file is from a link right here on RR via the wiki
"

Please post a link to where you are seeing that. "

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
"

Please post a link to where you are seeing that. "

I see no FW at that version, but I DO see the utility to update the FW is 3.03.00.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber

That's the BC VUP (updater) version.

If you run it, you'll see that the newest generally-available version of firmware for the BCT15X is 1.06.03. If you have a BCT15X running 1.05.03, you can upgrade it. Again, make VERY certain that what's available in BC VUP is newer that what is in your scanner, and that you have selected the correct model number (i.e. BCT15 and BCT15X are not the same).

merlin

That's the BC VUP (updater) version.

If you run it, you'll see that the newest generally-available version of firmware for the BCT15X is 1.06.03. If you have a BCT15X running 1.05.03, you can upgrade it. Again, make VERY certain that what's available in BC VUP is newer that what is in your scanner, and that you have selected the correct model number (i.e. BCT15 and BCT15X are not the same).
That is what I am asking here, and where is this 1.06.03. version ?
Specifically, my bearcat is model 'BCT15X' made 2018. (the newest of the BCT15X)

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
That is what I am asking here, and where is this 1.06.03. version ?
Specifically, my bearcat is model 'BCT15X' made 2018. (the newest of the BCT15X)

BC VUP is the utility that downloads and installs firmware on the older Uniden scanners.

Go here:

And follow these instructions:

Installation Steps
Download, unzip, and install BC_VUP_V3_03_00.zip. Run the BC_VUP3 utility and follow the on-screen instructions.

You need to download and install the utility first. Then you run it, select the scanner model and firmware version, and it will update your scanner.

merlin

Just wondering if new firmware can be had, don't want to brick this now after the work of repair and all the mods to it.
This is sort of a piece of bench test equipment for me. A great scanner with only 2 flaws, the poor user guides and the tiny speaker.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering if new firmware can be had, don't want to brick this now after the work of repair and all the mods to it.
This is sort of a piece of bench test equipment for me. A great scanner with only 2 flaws, the poor user guides and the tiny speaker.

Yes, there IS a newer version available, and you can use the previously-discussed program to update if you want to.

On the other hand, if you aren't having any issues and are concerned about bricking the scanner, then don't bother.

merlin

Yes, there IS a newer version available, and you can use the previously-discussed program to update if you want to.

On the other hand, if you aren't having any issues and are concerned about bricking the scanner, then don't bother.
Thanks. I just thought the newer firmware file had to be downloaded also besides the installer. That clears things up.
As for bricking, it wouldn't be the first device turned into a doorstop.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Firmware version 1.06.03 is the latest for the BCT15X. The BC_VUP software will soon be updated to only allow you to install that version on the BCT15X (it currently allows three versions). There is currently a process underway to revise firmware for updated hardware on several models. The BC125AT was just updated (TWIKI and BC_VUP). The BCT15X is next on the list. This is a process to catch up on all that has fallen through the cracks recently.

In fact, I just removed the two older versions from the list, so the BC_VUP will now only show 1.06.03. The TWIKI for the 15X will be updated as soon as I receive some info from HQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.