MOH question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering in which situations Provincial Common is heard. More specifically when do they use it. I've noticed it almost never is used when fire dept is responding to the same call.

gary123

I monitor the 149.440 pagers its super active. I have not bothered with the 150.100 freq at all is that Prov Com your asking about.

I might have jimmied up the name, but yes 149.440 is the freq I an referring to. While I have you here, do you have any idea what I could ID tag 139.100 as? I came across it as a Close Call from either EMS or EMS Supervisor.

There's actually quite a bit to listen to in Peterborough, surprisingly. Even things that are not listed.... Stella Jones Timber (I forgot to write down the freq, blue dot range I believe). Quaker Oats traffic can be heard on 458.7250. During the weekdays the crane helping build the YMCA condos can be heard on 453.4500

As well, just a quick note for the Call A Cab channels. Channel 1 is the dispatch tx freq and ch 2 is the car tx freq. Just been getting bored of FleetNet. I can however reach zone 1 as well as zone 2. Zone 1 is only Pontypool tower and only really good for highway chases and major accidents etc on the 401.

SKaiserling

I've heard all of the conventional MOH channels, give or take a few of the vehicle repeaters. I hear ORNGE helicopters talking to RVH on PCOM.

PriorMike

149.44 is the paging freq, and 150.100 is Prov. Common. It doesn't happen often, but there will be some CACC to ambulance comms on 150.100. More often as mentioned above is ORNGE to CACC.

Jradioptbo

I might have jimmied up the name, but yes 149.440 is the freq I an referring to. While I have you here, do you have any idea what I could ID tag 139.100 as? I came across it as a Close Call from either EMS or EMS Supervisor.

There's actually quite a bit to listen to in Peterborough, surprisingly. Even things that are not listed.... Stella Jones Timber (I forgot to write down the freq, blue dot range I believe). Quaker Oats traffic can be heard on 458.7250. During the weekdays the crane helping build the YMCA condos can be heard on 453.4500

As well, just a quick note for the Call A Cab channels. Channel 1 is the dispatch tx freq and ch 2 is the car tx freq. Just been getting bored of FleetNet. I can however reach zone 1 as well as zone 2. Zone 1 is only Pontypool tower and only really good for highway chases and major accidents etc on the 401.

Could you be possibly be picking up the input frequency to one of the FleetNet towers?

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
The only time you'll hear much activity on PCOM is from the ORNGE helicopters. They use it to call the respective CACC. "Muskoka, 799 is on final to Huntsville Hospital" or "Muskoka, 799 enroute to xxxxx ETA 15 minutes" etc...

Back in the day, it used to be used by vehicles when travelling outside their home area, such as "London this is Niagara unit 2209 mobile Code 2 to Children's" or something like that. These days, that's done on the appropriate Zone or Region talkgroup though you still hear it from time to time.

mrweather

Almost all the stuff I hear on 150.100 is ORNGE talking to whichever hospital they're flying to.

About a month ago I did hear routine dispatching going on in Hamilton which I assumed was due to an issue with the FleetNet system in that area so they temporarily switched to PCOM.

gary123

Since the OP has corrected the post info to 149.440 we can concentrate on that frequencies activity. My guess on the missing page outs is the fact the units are already on the air (FleetNet).

As far as the 138.100 that would be the input to 142.125. Close Call often captures the wrong freq in the low end of VHF because it defaults to the USA 12.5 kHz steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.