Bell FleetNet Digital 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
The BMR techs are currently on Digital 3 (talkgroup 48) testing portable coverage. Great signal into Toronto.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
The BMR techs are currently on Digital 3 (talkgroup 48) testing portable coverage. Great signal into Toronto.
Mike the moderator!!!! :

You heard them on Fonthill? Interesting. I normally have my Home Patrol on 2 fave lists that I monitor at night.

One list is for GTA talkgroups and normally Brittania and Mowat towers work. Last nite I couldn't 'hear' Brittania but Mowat was fine.

I'm wondering if you heard it on Fonthill why it wasn't on Charlton? Almost 20 years you and I and a few others have been monitoring and on here and other lists.

Fonthill is a good repeater for activity in the GTA, as long as the radios can hear or see, lol Fonthill you often get a ton of GTA radios able to affiliate. But I face the opposite direction in my apartment and it's more miss than hit regarding picking up Fonthill.

I was even going to ask a friend if I could sit in her apartment for a bit to see if the BMR activity was on other towers, from her apartment she gets Fonthill easy.

It was a long session so to speak, working late hours, I guess Bell is paying either OT or the workers had time in the evening to do what they did.

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
It was actually Skylon in Niagara Falls, surprisingly. Fonthill is usually better for me as well.

The boundaries of my scanning starts with Niagara in the west. Primrose in the north and Pontypool in the east including all sites in between. That conversation last night was on the first site, Skylon. I never got as far as Mowat when scanning. Their conversation was interesting so I did a Site Hold on Skylon. Not really sure which location they were at to be honest.

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
I'm hearing them on Digital 3 today on Britannia and Fonthill towers. Heard mention of transmitting on the portables in the 771 band. Sounds like they are mobile near Dixie and Eglinton Ave. East in Mississauga.

ATCTech

At last check Bell Mobility Radio's office/shop is at the base of the Britannia tower in Mississauga, so mciupa's report of a test vehicle in the Dixie & Eglinton area possibly doing setup/programming of portables and/or a DVMR makes perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.