MPSCS Sites/Talkgroups 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Starting the MPSCS discussion thread for the New Year, so we can close out 2020's thread.

If you are looking for 2020's thread:

Last edited:

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
TG-22325 HVA rigs using this TG to communicate with Plymouth dispatch while responding to calls into Plymouth.

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
TG13530 "Com Center Testing Events 1 Radio"
TG13531 "Com Center Testing Events 2 Radio" (Database says GRR Parking 1)

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
I realize some of these have recently been added into the database. This is how I am hearing these TGs ID.

23165 "On Private"
23166 "Com Center testing on the Ops Channel" "Com Center Ops 1"
23168 "Ops 1 to Com Center on Alert" "Testing Alert Channel" "Com Center Testing Alert Radio"
23170 "Com Center testing Parking Services Radio"

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
I realize some of these have recently been added into the database. This is how I am hearing these TGs ID.

23165 "On Private"
23166 "Com Center testing on the Ops Channel" "Com Center Ops 1"
23168 "Ops 1 to Com Center on Alert" "Testing Alert Channel" "Com Center Testing Alert Radio"
23170 "Com Center testing Parking Services Radio"
It would be helpful to know which tower/site you are hearing these on.

dfstm

Anyone around Cheboygan county? curious when the Database will be updated as the radios are being distributed, I know its kind of fast just curious how it works... Be nice to program all the new talk groups in my station scanner

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Anyone around Cheboygan county? curious when the Database will be updated as the radios are being distributed, I know its kind of fast just curious how it works... Be nice to program all the new talk groups in my station scanner

Sadly, we haven't received any information regarding the radio system upgrade for CCE Central Dispatch. The new MPSCS tower sites on Beaver Island, and in the city of Charlevoix should be online at this time. Just as soon as someone sends us the updated talkgroups, we will post them accordingly.

73's

Ron

depster00

Kent County Simulcast
New Unidentified Talk Groups
11798 - Heard "radio testing". Radio ID also seen only on other Spectrum Health Security Talkgroups.
11799 - Heard "test 17263". Radio ID also seen only on other Spectrum Health Security Talkgroups.
11803 - Multiple radio key ups, no audio. Radio ID also seen only on other Spectrum Health Security Talkgroups.
13587 - Heard discussion about pulling cable and moving reels of wire. Some radio IDs also seen on Ottawa County Fire and Zeeland City OPS.
13720 -
13738 - Encrypted.
13739 - Encrypted. Radio IDs also seen on other Kent County Fire Talkgroups.
13753 -
13716 - Heard "radio service testing." And "installation of radio in car".
13293 - St Mary's Mercy Health Testing 800mhz Radio.

hockeyref2

Some more ID's from the manton site...
4388 - Wexford County Station 700 EMS Paging... Wiki says Station 700 is manton VFD?
4383 -Wexford County Station 300 Paging ... Cedar Creek Twp. They did not specify but sounded like a fire page.
4381 - Wexford County Station 100 Paging... Sounded like a fire page. Wiki says this is Boon township.

dfstm

They did a bunch of pager test yesterday on the old VHF system and was mentioning beaver island,not sure why, I was told no radios would be handed out till they were close to switching over, Cheboygan and Emmett got there Radios, I can’t speak for Charlevoix but with the other two almost there it should be ready, hope that helps

dfstm

Got a Update , The Charlevoix tower is not ready yet, It is expected to "Go Live" early February so for now Charlevoix Fire and Ems remain patched, The new Indian River Tower is set to be turned on Monday, this is per CCE

Corner of Berrien, Cass & Van Buren Counties,
I am new to P25 scanning and want to make sure I have my BCD325P2 set up correctly. Home area is Berrien, Cass and Van Buren counties but I also will be traveling to all of the 9 counties of Region 5. (Berrien, Cass, St. Joseph, Branch, Calhoun, Kalamazoo, Van Buren, Allegan and Barry)
I plan to set each county up as a "system" so I can lock them out when I am not in the area. Once I have all the sites in for each county, I have 2 questions. #1 Do I need to program every frequency that each site carries or just the primary control channels? #2 Should I be using "ID SCAN or ID SEARCH"?

Any advice from your experience would be appreciated.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I am new to P25 scanning and want to make sure I have my BCD325P2 set up correctly. Home area is Berrien, Cass and Van Buren counties but I also will be traveling to all of the 9 counties of Region 5. (Berrien, Cass, St. Joseph, Branch, Calhoun, Kalamazoo, Van Buren, Allegan and Barry)
I plan to set each county up as a "system" so I can lock them out when I am not in the area. Once I have all the sites in for each county, I have 2 questions. #1 Do I need to program every frequency that each site carries or just the primary control channels? #2 Should I be using "ID SCAN or ID SEARCH"?

Any advice from your experience would be appreciated.
Just the control channels are needed, the scanner pulls the voice channel for the TGs from there. With MPSCS, a county's radio traffic is generally only carried on the sites/towers in that county, and one ring of towers around that county. For the traffic to be carried there must be a subscriber's radio affiliated with that site, and that TG must be selected on their radio.

I would suggest breaking up your TGs of interest into geographical groupings, which you can assign to quick keys.

dfstm

Update, Indian River Site is Live, I see on RR it is called Site 48, on my Radio it is Site 50, the control channel I am getting is 853.5125
I also got some activity from TGID 5509 on the Indian River tower which is GLE, I am new at this so if I share something stupid I am sorry in advance lol

Status
Not open for further replies.