NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

Have the 436 worked great all day updated it in Sentinel plugged it back in now I do not hear any thing , what do I need to do to get it working again ?

K4EET

Chaplain
Roll back the update. Next time, update one or two things and reload. Test it. Make sure the update works. Then add one or two more things. Test again. And so on. Just don't do do a massive update all at once.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Also, while you may not be getting the "Nothing to Scan" message, you may want to look at the "Nothing to Scan" sticky. It kind of gives you a check list of things to consider when your scanner isn't scanning correctly.

dallascowboys

That is the thing I do not get the nothing to scan , my service types are on, my favorites list that I want to listen to are set to on, it is scanning like it always does but nothing is coming over it .

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
That is the thing I do not get the nothing to scan , my service types are on, my favorites list that I want to listen to are set to on, it is scanning like it always does but nothing is coming over it .
Are you using location control after updating the scanner?

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
You need to give us a little more detail about what it's doing, or not doing. Are the systems (and sites) cycling through on display? Does it appear to be stopping on some departments and channels for a bit, but you just aren't hearing audio?

What was your intention to update when you plugged it in to PC running Sentinel?

dallascowboys

Yes everything is cycling through and not stopping on anything tried other antennas , took out and reinstalled Sentinel and the reason for update is because of the weekly update Uniden puts out. I checked to make sure I have the service types that I need are on , that the favorites list that I want to listen to are set to on, as everyone can see I am lost on this one.

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
When something unexplainable happens, people report replacing SD card often resolves it. You can probably buy a replacement micro-SD card at WalMart. You should look for a high endurance card. Clear user data in Sentinel then write to scanner to copy info from Sentinel to new card.

dallascowboys

When something unexplainable happens, people report replacing SD card often resolves it. You can probably buy a replacement micro-SD card at WalMart. You should look for a high endurance card. Clear user data in Sentinel then write to scanner to copy info from Sentinel to new card.
ok thanks

dallascowboys

is there a certain size ?

Status
Not open for further replies.