New TG's on Federal Wireless DT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
9961686 OK Matt I can now confirm that it's two tow truck drivers talking to each other, they have been on all day but I was having a problem with bad audio I will submit the info to R.R, thanks for helping out.
Steve

OK I have
Unknown Talk groups left
  1. 9961573
  2. 9961574
  3. 9961581=go on another dig out, 6 ton lift, were did you get it out of Sunflower
Steve

mbstone99

OK I have
Unknown Talk groups left
  1. 9961573
  2. 9961574
  3. 9961581=go on another dig out, 6 ton lift, were did you get it out of Sunflower
Steve

I have 9961574, 81 & 84 (84 I haven't heard in a long time) as unknowns.. 73 I think it was towing according to ATCTech in message #109 and from what I heard I tend to agree with him.

Matt

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Ok I will listen in tomorrow to see if anyone is working Saturday, probably have to wait until next week to hear anything. Hope I will get better signal strength on the system.
Steve

mbstone99

Ok I will listen in tomorrow to see if anyone is working Saturday, probably have to wait until next week to hear anything. Hope I will get better signal strength on the system.
Steve

Ya conditions have been crappy.. I haven't heard a peep of the Fonthill tower in quite a while. The same goes with OnQ haven't seen the Fonthill Tower pop up in a long time either, but I am still getting FleetConnect's Fonthill tower.

Matt

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Ya I noticed that I am not picking up the Fonthill tower for a while either. I was searching several system including OnQ site but have not picked up anything on those system so I thought I would just concentrate on The Federal System this week. 9961581 was active this morning around 7:00 AM but the audio was to poor to understand what they were saying.
Steve

ATCTech

OnQ - I'm listening to St. Catharines Taxi on Fonthill right now. Also there's traffic on it from as far away as Miller Waste in Brampton and Norfolk Disposal. It's not busy, but it's working normally on all 5 frequencies.

I was watching Fleetnet Fonthill and Grimsby simultaneously yesterday for a while and most T/Gs were being carried on both without issue, the notable exception being whatever user it was that the radio techs found at least one radio in "site lock " mode so it wouldn't site hop.

Personally, I have nothing to suggest conditions have been "crappy".

1611332701666.png

Last edited:

Saint

Premium Subscriber
OnQ - I'm listening to St. Catharines Taxi on Fonthill right now. Also there's traffic on it from as far away as Miller Waste in Brampton and Norfolk Disposal. It's not busy, but it's working normally on all 5 frequencies.

I was watching Fleetnet Fonthill and Grimsby simultaneously yesterday for a while and most T/Gs were being carried on both without issue, the notable exception being whatever user it was that the radio techs found at least one radio in "site lock " mode so it wouldn't site hop.

Personally, I have nothing to suggest conditions have been "crappy".

View attachment 97476
That's interesting I went out and moved my antenna on my balcony and 9961581 is active and the audio is coming in a lot better, maybe by the end of day I will figure out who it is, I think next week I'll go back to listening to the three Talkwireless systems also, OnQ, BearCom, and FleetConnect and see if I can find any new talkgroups.
Steve

firefgtr

Premium Subscriber
OK that did the trick moving the antenna,
new talkgroup 9961581=Stone Aggregate Deliveries
I just submitted it to R.R
Steve
I'm pretty sure that is Cotton Inc. - Trucking (stone slingers and dump trucks )out of Niagara Falls., I know for a fact tg/ 9961582 is Cotton Inc. - Readymix. also t/g 9961578 is Cotton Inc. - Environmental Services (roll off/lugger bin trucks)

I used to work for Cotton Inc. about 10 years ago. The Ready Mix tg sounds the same. They used to be on the Talk Wireless VHF system off the Fonthill tower. There were a few TGs back then. I am monitoring the system as well to see if I can recognize any other conversations.

I submitted changes earlier to the database

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Im pretty sure that is Cotton Inc. - Trucking (stone slingers and dump trucks )out of Niagara Falls., I know for a fact tg/ 9961582 is Cotton Inc. - Readymix. also t/g 9961578 is Cotton Inc. - Environmental Services (roll off/lugger bin trucks)
If I remember correctly I thought they were using one of those stone slingers, I have been busy listening to other frequencies and I have Federal Wireless back into my scanner and I'll start logging anything I pick up.
Steve

I used to work for Cotton Inc. about 10 years ago, the ready mix tg sounds the same. They used to be on the Talk Wireless VHF system off the Fonthill tower. There were a few TGs back then. I am monitoring the system as well to see if I can recognize any other conversations'
I made the changes to the Wiki

I submitted changes earlier to the database
Yes I see your changes are already showing up.

firefgtr

Premium Subscriber
I also noticed the Frequencies licenced to this system are actually Licensed to Talk Wireless. Are they the affiliated in some way? Also, my connection at Cotton Inc. says they, "still use Talk wireless but switched to digital a while back"

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I also noticed the Frequencies licenced to this system are actually Licensed to Talk Wireless. Are they the affiliated in some way? Also, my connection at Cotton Inc. says they, "still use Talk wireless but switched to digital a while back"
I don't know how that is working, a little bit confusing when I check out frequencies on the Canadian search site.

mbstone99

Hey Steve, with Cotton Inc on FWC, is there any activity left on the Talk Wireless LTR's down on the Fonthill tower (the VHF and UHF ones)?
Is Steed & Evans and Modern Landfill still using the VHF LTR system or did they migrate somewhere else?

Matt

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Hey Steve, with Cotton Inc on FWC, is there any activity left on the Talk Wireless LTR's down on the Fonthill tower (the VHF and UHF ones)?
Is Steed & Evans and Modern Landfill still using the VHF LTR system or did they migrate somewhere else?

Matt
I heard Steed and Evans and they were plowing snow again this year on their talkgroups. I will listen into TalkWireless LTR VHF Fonthill and let it log all night and tomorrow and see what is active on the system and let you know,
Steve

firefgtr

Premium Subscriber
I heard Steed and Evans and they were plowing snow again this year on their talkgroups. I will listen into TalkWireless LTR VHF Fonthill and let it log all night and tomorrow and see what is active on the system and let you know,
Steve
I did a tg search on both the VHF and UHF Talk Wireless. earlier this week, Was pretty quiet.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I have all three Talk Wireless systems logging, I leave it all night and some of tomorrow and see what talkgroups are active. by 10 or 11-AM, I should have a good list of talkgroups that are active.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.