Prince George's tgs

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I see that tg 20850 has been added to the database and labeled as DNR - NRP group. However, that is likely a dynamically assigned tg related to the use of ISSI, as are the mass of dynamically assigned tgs for SHA CHART users. I have DNR - NRP - Area 3 as 9501 (and have heard 3xx units) - which in the rrdb data is labeled as WSSC Police. I think somebody with better access to the system needs to re-verify the assignments. I'll also try, but I'm typically only in the county for a few hours a week.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed recently that the PG Fire dispatch tg is frequently - maybe always - in FDMA mode. Seems to me that all PG units would be using TDMA subscriber units by now. I wonder if this is because several adjoining jurisdictions (AACo, DC, Montgomery. Calvert, Charles) use FDMA subscribers?

Jeff19

Premium Subscriber
For whatever reason, 8A1 is (and has always been) FDMA. I remember this being said when the system first came on-line. I'm not sure the reasoning - but its not subscriber based. Also, I'm also seeing less and less Phase I reversions on the other talk groups as the surrounding jurisdictions progress with their radio upgrade projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.