Sacramento P25 system

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
There is an error in the database for Site 12. 851.3625 is supposed to be 851.325. I discovered this tonight when I noticed that my BCD436HP wasn't picking up trunking very well. I programmed all the Site 12 frequencies in conventional mode and noticed that 851.3625 never had any traffic. I put 851.325 back in (which used to be in the database but was replaced with 851.3625 for some reason), and I'm hearing traffic on that frequency.
I agree that the frequency should be 851.325 as per UniTrunker.

Good catch!

Man, now I want to have a rig set up for UniTrunker!

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Good catch!

Man, now I want to have a rig set up for UniTrunker!
Not to go off topic but this is very easy to do. I monitor 3 different sites with a single RTL SDR and a small Intel stick computer plugged into the HDMI port on my living room TV.

It has been running 24/7 for about a year now.

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
I agree that the frequency should be 851.325 as per UniTrunker.

I've been parked on 851.3625 for a few hours, and I've only been hearing birdies. Has anyone made a request to update the RR Database?

Not to go off topic but this is very easy to do. I monitor 3 different sites with a single RTL SDR and a small Intel stick computer plugged into the HDMI port on my living room TV.

It has been running 24/7 for about a year now.
Nice! SDR is on my plate and I might make the dive-in. I think I was a bit scared since I read there was a fair amount of "frustration" to get it working.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Hey Guys
I am looking to add UC Davis Police & Fire To My Scanner Are the Control Channels Davis Simulcast Or Countywide Simulcast?

Thanks James
Both. I am picking them up on Site 012 County Simulcast, but if you're in or near Davis you'll also want to include that site.

dirtrat

Both. I am picking them up on Site 012 County Simulcast, but if you're in or near Davis you'll also want to include that site.

Not exactly, If you are using the control channel from Site 12 and talkgroups being used on the Davis Simulcast site aren't being monitored by anyone on site 12, you will miss those calls because the audio won't be sent between the sites. If you just monitor the control channels only on the Davis site then you will be able to hear everything from that site.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
SP 1 through SP 8 should just be titled "Channel 1" - "Channel 8", not what they're currently labeled, in my opinion. SP 1-SP 8 are in each SPD radio's "A" bank, amongst some other tactical channels.

SP 1, SP 3, SP 4, SP 6 are typically used as dispatch channels during 4-channel operations.

SP 2, and SP 5 are typically used for car-to-car/tactical communications when needed.

Most non-planned tactical events will use the dispatch channel the incident originated on, and move all other non-incident traffic to another dispatch channel.

SP 7, and SP 8 are typically used for special events/protests.

Basically, each area command gets its own dispatch channel during four-channel operations.

SP 1 - Channel 1 (North Command Dispatch)
SP 2 - Channel 2
SP 3 - Channel 3 (Central Command Dispatch)
SP 4 - Channel 4 (South Command Dispatch)
SP 5 - Channel 5
SP 6 - Channel 6 (East Command Dispatch)
SP 7 - Channel 7
SP 8 - Channel 8

CityNewsSupport

City News Support
Premium Subscriber
SP 1 through SP 8 should just be titled "Channel 1" - "Channel 8", not what they're currently labeled, in my opinion. SP 1-SP 8 are in each SPD radio's "A" bank, amongst some other tactical channels.

SP 1, SP 3, SP 4, SP 6 are typically used as dispatch channels during 4-channel operations.

SP 2, and SP 5 are typically used for car-to-car/tactical communications when needed.

Most non-planned tactical events will use the dispatch channel the incident originated on, and move all other non-incident traffic to another dispatch channel.

SP 7, and SP 8 are typically used for special events/protests.

Basically, each area command gets its own dispatch channel during four-channel operations.

SP 1 - Channel 1 (North Command Dispatch)
SP 2 - Channel 2
SP 3 - Channel 3 (Central Command Dispatch)
SP 4 - Channel 4 (South Command Dispatch)
SP 5 - Channel 5
SP 6 - Channel 6 (East Command Dispatch)
SP 7 - Channel 7
SP 8 - Channel 8

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
As of Sunday, December 27, the Elk Grove Police Department (EGPD) has started regular use of their 3281 encrypted talk group for a records check/service channel. This talk group is being referred to as the "Intel channel", also informally as "Channel 3". Until this week, talk group 3281 has had no routine usage. On the former analog radio system, it was used sparingly for special events at Elk Grove Regional Park (on the analog system, it converted to talk group 52496).

This replaces their normal use of "Channel 2" talk group of 3279, which has been used as a records check/service channel basically since EGPD became their own police department. 3279 is still referred to as "Channel 2", but appears to be more of a car-to-car/talk around channel now.

Sacramento County Sheriff's Office (SSO) started using an encrypted records/service channel as they moved their radios over to the digital radio system a year or so ago.

All other agencies seem to still have their records/service channel in the clear, for now.

ccsochp11

Premium Subscriber
TimeChannel OperationNW1NE2NC4CENT6South8East7/RCPD5
6:30​
Two ChannelCh 1Ch 1Ch 1Ch 3Ch 3Ch.3 / Ch.3
11:00​
Split ChannelCh 1Ch 2Ch 2Ch 3Ch 3Ch.3 / Ch.3
1:00​
Two ChannelCh 1Ch 1Ch 1Ch 3Ch 3Ch.3 / Ch.3
3:00​
One ChannelCh 1Ch 1Ch 1Ch 1Ch 1Ch.1 / Ch.1
The channel breakdown for SSO

Dragon911

Has anyone got their BCD536 (w/ latest firmware) to work with the new SRRCS full digital? My SDS100 and 200 work fine and have the same program load and have used the same antenna. A friend had the 536 and had the same results.

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone got their BCD536 (w/ latest firmware) to work with the new SRRCS full digital? My SDS100 and 200 work fine and have the same program load and have used the same antenna. A friend had the 536 and had the same results.

The BCD436HP and BCD536HP doesn't handle digital simulcast very well with the new SRRCS P25 System. You can get some areas that are really good reception for the scanner to work, but other places that have do not work because of the simulcasting.

That being said, I am in an area that my BCD436HP (portable version of the BCD536HP) works and picks up just as well as my SDS100.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I've had PSR-500/600, BCD996P2 & SDS-100 all connected to the same antenna system monitoring (or trying to) the Sacramento P25 system and I can only repeat what has already been stated. No radio works like the SDS models on the Sacramento (or Roseville) systems.

There are conditions and methods to make these other radios "work", but it's not ideal. You'd need to limit signal strength into the radio and ideally receive from a directional antenna pointed to a single tower. When mobile, it depends on where you are in relation to a conversation and what exact frequency is being used (in which indirectly determines how much signal from any one tower you receive). You are more likely to pick up signals from the East Bay or Solano P25 systems as they are farther away and you are less likely to receive strong signals from more than one tower.

N6ML

No radio works like the SDS models on the Sacramento (or Roseville) systems.

It should be noted that a Unication G4 or G5 will also handle LSM, and they have a far superior 7/800MHz receiver to the SDS1/200 (particularly if you're in a fringe area), are more compact, and have much better battery life. On the down-side, they're quite a bit less flexible than a scanner (at least for now).

CityNewsSupport

City News Support
Premium Subscriber
Question Regarding SRRCS Control Channels

Hey Friends I have only Primary Control channels & Alternate Control channels programmed in my Uniden BCD 996p2 For Sacramento Countywide & Davis! The Issue I see is That Un programmed channels will show up when a Unit Keys Up! Such as 853.9000 That Channel is not programmed in the Scanner I think this issue effects the Transmission or am I wrong? Any Advice would be Awesome:)

Thanks As Always