Montgomery County MD Discrepancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvengr

Well Known Member
There is a discrepancy in the Montgomery County MD database. There are 2 listings for talkgroup 7G11.

435010feTMCFR 7G11 LFRD 17G11 Local Fire and Rescue Departments 1 Fire-Talk
43551103TMCFR 7G12 LFRD 27G12 Local Fire and Rescue Departments 2 Fire-Talk
43601108TMCFR 7G11 CERT7G11 Community Emergency Response Team Fire-Talk
43701112TMCFR 7G13 OpsAdm7G13 Operations Administration Fire-Talk

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
"This forum is for questions about the database such as how to use it, layout or usability issues or suggestions for improvement. It is not for pointing out wrong information or getting help with programming."

The proper course of action is to make a submission to the system with the necessary correction.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
If you're unsure as to which is correct, then you'll probably want to check with locals before taking any action. I would suggest clicking the Report link in your first post and requesting the thread be moved to the MD forum.

mocomdcitizen

As far as I know, most of the Fire TG submissions to the database for the Montgomery County, MD P25 system were added in by MCFRS staff/volunteers. Unless if it was a typo, perhaps the 7G11 alpha tag/description for both local fire dept/stations and CERT TGs was intentional, or if not, it was a very good catch you've made and I'd defer to them for a more definite explanation.

EDIT: However, taking a look at the new P25 fleetmaps, it may be that the CERT TG should be 7G13? If I'm reading it correctly.

Last edited:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
As far as I know, most of the Fire TG submissions to the database for the Montgomery County, MD P25 system were added in by MCFRS staff/volunteers. Unless if it was a typo, perhaps the 7G11 alpha tag/description for both local fire dept/stations and CERT TGs was intentional, or if not, it was a very good catch you've made and I'd defer to them for a more definite explanation.

EDIT: However, taking a look at the new P25 fleetmaps, it may be that the CERT TG should be 7G13? If I'm reading it correctly.
Concur - it looks to be a typo on data entry, as the Op Admin should be 7G15. Seems to fit with the tg numbering scheme as well.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that the RRDB has already been updated with the corrections.

Status
Not open for further replies.