Super Bowl LV

Status
Not open for further replies.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
Created this as an area to dump anything related to radio usage for Super Bowl LV.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

bravo14

Premium Subscriber

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I believe Bearcomm or Radio One is supplying Mototrbo for this event. Stadium is already setup for LCP I believe.
I am busy programming a customer near by, for expanded use on their radio system.

mitbr

The new P25 system is supposed to be implemented around this time in Feb so maybe watch for new P25 talkgroups!!
Tim :cool:

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
I believe Bearcomm or Radio One is supplying Mototrbo for this event. Stadium is already setup for LCP I believe.
I am busy programming a customer near by, for expanded use on their radio system.
I assume the PS side will be on the 700 system.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

They usually do, and expect to see them pop up before long, but as of today neither company has active STAs for the event.

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
For last years Super Bowl in Miami and I can tell you this:
1) ALL NFL Licensed comms were the dreaded "E" in 3 different categories.
1) Executive 2) Security and 3) Field with each having numerous talk groups.
As the FIRE/EMS Component we were issued a 7550e for Field. "Field" had 10 different talk groups ranging from Head Coach headset to ball boy. All with their own separate types of radios, ALL "E". Field-based Fire/EMS was assigned the group with each team's individual athletic trainers.
All Police and Fire/EMS is "Local Dependent" on their systems. The NFL has no rules about using "E" for support entities.
So for Tampa, you will get whatever Police and Fire you get every day.
We were the only Fire/EMS player with no mutual aid, due to pre-credentially, etc. But we are that big to support that. It may be the same for Tampa as well considering there will be only 25K Fans, plus another 3K in support personnel, media, et.

Status
Not open for further replies.