• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone Anyone use the AnyTone AT-D578UV III Pro Tri-Band yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
Received my new 578 yesterday and loaded an 878 codeplug I had in my files. No issues after uploading but when stepping though different menu items in the CPS the 578 starts rebooting. Will connect antenna today and try local repeaters. Came new from Bridgecom with FW 1.11.

Was hoping that most bugs were eliminated from introduction but maybe not?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Don't load an 878 codeplug (rdt file) directly. Export the codeplug to CSV files, then import those into a blank 578 codeplug.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Keeping an eye on this thread, as I have been contemplating the purchase of a 578. Extremely satisfied and impressed with the AT-878UV, altho I have yet to fiddle with the Blu-tooth accessory. The more I hang out in DMR, the more I like the idea of a good base station radio and 578 seems to be the logical choice for me. I can't say enough good things about Bridgecom and their helpful staff. Their Bridgecom University and UTube vids are all ya need if you have any questions or hit a snag. They are on it.

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
Don't load an 878 codeplug (rdt file) directly. Export the codeplug to CSV files, then import those into a blank 578 codeplug.

Too late Jon, already loaded and apparently no issues so far. Made several modifications to "clean up" the code plug yesterday, uploaded and saved at least a dozen times. I "borrowed" it from an Ohio ARRL page that has statewide codeplugs for several different Chinese radios. Seems like CPS reported >4000 channels both analog and digital. Also added a recent contact list with >185k contacts.

Someone put a ton of effort into creating this file but without a secret decoder ring I struggle with trying to identify individual digital repeaters due to liberal use of abbreviations. So as I get local-to-me digital repeaters identified I'll be making changes to help identify them.

My only complaint so far is the volume of the beep tone. Even at level 1 I find it too loud for my tastes and suggested to Bridgecom that Anytone consider lower levels in the next FW release. I really don't expect Anytone to listen to me but at least the suggestion is out there.

Next project is to modify the codeplug for my hotspot as my attic antenna is marginal for the two local DMR repeaters. So far it has been a great learning project while stuck at home anxiously waiting for spring weather and herd immunity.

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
578 Update 1-29-21

Got my hotspot programming completed with 8 different TG's including Parrot. Audio check sounds good on parrot with mic gain set to 4.

The other complaint is volume control, which others have complained about since this radio was introduced. The setting is either off or loud, not any adjustment between too loud and no audio. I'm using an external speaker and receive audio is very clean, much better than the internal speaker (which I would rate as communications quality).

Checking CPS this morning I have 1150 channels programmed although the "help" window at the bottom shows 4002. Programming is more difficult for me as I use both DMR and D-star equipment, which requires clear thinking and tends to get more difficult above age 70.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
The other complaint is volume control, which others have complained about since this radio was introduced. The setting is either off or loud, not any adjustment between too loud and no audio. I'm using an external speaker and receive audio is very clean, much better than the internal speaker (which I would rate as communications quality).

Did you change the max volume level? If you are using the CPS, select "Optional Setting" then the "Volume/Audio" tab. I don't recall what the default setting was but I have mine set to "Indoors" and that makes the volume knobs do something other than "off" and "FULL BLAST". :)

I do still notice that DMR volume is much lower than analog. I have to crank the volume up all the way for DMR and maybe 40% to get the same volume on analog. I may try a setting of "1" or "2" and see if that let's me run less than full open for DMR while maintaining a reasonable level for analog.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I do still notice that DMR volume is much lower than analog. I have to crank the volume up all the way for DMR and maybe 40% to get the same volume on analog. I may try a setting of "1" or "2" and see if that let's me run less than full open for DMR while maintaining a reasonable level for analog.
That's probably because the default channel width for analog is 12.5K rather than 25K, and you probably have that setting configured wrong for what's being transmitted.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
That's probably because the default channel width for analog is 12.5K rather than 25K, and you probably have that setting configured wrong for what's being transmitted.

Nice theory Jon, but wrong.

1611953772790.png

I have not received any complaints about transmit volume, which would probably be the case if I had the analog channels configured wrong.

Analog is LOUDER, not quieter. :) And yes, these are Ham repeaters, so wide band.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If you have a 25khz channel set to 12.5, RX will absolutely be louder. Your TX would sound quiet to others.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
If you have a 25khz channel set to 12.5, RX will absolutely be louder. Your TX would sound quiet to others.

Be that as it may, I have the analog channels set for wide, as they should be. So that's not what is causing the issue.

Oh, and I talk to a lot of the same people on both DMR and analog, so it's unlikely to be "mike too far from mouth" or something like that.

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
Did you change the max volume level? If you are using the CPS, select "Optional Setting" then the "Volume/Audio" tab. I don't recall what the default setting was but I have mine set to "Indoors" and that makes the volume knobs do something other than "off" and "FULL BLAST". :)

That did the trick, set Max Volume to 3 and now I have a smooth rise in audio from off to room filling. Thanks Sallen07.

Status
Not open for further replies.