HOT LINE CSPD

Status
Not open for further replies.

loudjr

Premium Subscriber
Waterbury area-what frequencies are the State Police using to communicate with Waterbury and other area PD,s via hotline

In the "Old Days" it was 39.46Mhz but I don't think that's used any more.

I am not in that area but used to travel there.

Edit: Yes 45.86 is still in use in the majority of the state. Good pickup @a417

Last edited:

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
state police hotline.
there is also WARN which nobody uses.
several waterbury area PDs now have console patches so they can talk to eachother without going over the radio.
An operator can talk to troop L, A, I, southbury pd, and watertown pd right from their console

theshadowman

Feed Provider
I monitor the SCAN hotlines as a part of my scan list. The following three freqs are active daily with CSP to area, area to area and area to CSP comms:

45.86 (this is still the most active) nhfdcadet is correct about this.

As was previously mentioned, many comms are made silently via phone or other means. But still, most BOLOs and request for services are made over the hotlines as it is still easiest for an entire area to monitor and share up-to-date info

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
No,

Waterbury and surrounding area would be New Haven County
Waterbury years ago used to have thier own UHF frequency and was called "WARN" - Waterbury Area Regional Network. It was similar to the "SCAN" - South Central Area Network currently in use. I have the old Police Call books that had it listed. I do not know if it is still in use. If I can find it and I'm thinking correctly I will post the frequency.

In addition, Waterbury at least use to utilize 45.86 for the state wide to talk to the Troops. When I dispatch at Troop I, we used to talk to them and link up over the radio from time to time using the State hotline. Especially for incidents on Route 8 or in Prospect that spilled over.

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
Waterbury years ago used to have thier own UHF frequency and was called "WARN" - Waterbury Area Regional Network. It was similar to the "SCAN" - South Central Area Network currently in use. I have the old Police Call books that had it listed. I do not know if it is still in use. If I can find it and I'm thinking correctly I will post the frequency.

In addition, Waterbury at least use to utilize 45.86 for the state wide to talk to the Troops. When I dispatch at Troop I, we used to talk to them and link up over the radio from time to time using the State hotline. Especially for incidents on Route 8 or in Prospect that spilled over.
We have WARN in one of our backup radios but it never gets used.
I usually just use the intercom unless I have to give something out to surrounding towns

APX7500X2

39.46 I don't believe is in use anymore, I remember seeing a post in the forums it changed awhile back. The new VHF and UHF frequencies are listed in the Fairfield County DB page, both of those are linked I believe.
Stratford & Bridgeport are on 39.46 ALL the time, Norwalk uses it a bunch also.
The FAPERN would be a great replacement but I only hear Troop A using it to talk to a few towns up northern county
I was told that all the hot lines are going to become console to console "intercom" in the near future as there is no reason to go over the air with them. We will see

coolrich55

Out in eastern CT, 45.86 is alive and well. Groton town still does the 4am roll call every morning. That's been going since I got my first scanner back in the 80's. Clinton, Old Saybrook, Waterford, Groton City, Stonington, Norwich, New London, Mohegan Sun, Mashantucket (Foxwoods), Ledyard I think, Troop C E F K and D. For some reason Plainfield only uses CSPERN. I don't know about Putnam. I'd assume CSPERN because they're not on the hotline roll call. On a side note, Middletown had a carjacking yesterday and put it over CSPERN. I'd guess back before anyone had CSPERN, more departments used the hotline. I am baffled at why Plainfield isn't on the hotline though.

cg

Premium Subscriber
If a radio is affiliated to the TG, you can hear the Hotline in SE CT on TGID 5495. However, it is rare that one of the dispatch centers uses the TRS instead of lowband so hearing that group is rare.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.