Collin County P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
Heard a few minutes ago on the Motorola system a Lowry Crossing unit talking with the dispatcher about radio troubles. Lowry Crossing unit commented about "switching over in less than a month" so things must be progressing (not to mention the fact that Celina EMS is actively using the MedCom Channel the last few days).

musicman476

RR DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm hearing that Medcom traffic as well. Likewise, I heard some traffic this morning on 1215 mentioning "Building Control," which leads me to think it might be the Jail.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing that Medcom traffic as well. Likewise, I heard some traffic this morning on 1215 mentioning "Building Control," which leads me to think it might be the Jail.
I've logged units from the Jail keying up on 1204, 1211, 1212 as well as 1215, in addition to the previously identified 1203, 1210 and 1214. Usually after a few bad attempts, they'll figure out they're on the wrong system and switch over to the Motorola system.

Even as I type this, according to DSD+ there's one Jail radio affiliated with the new "Jail Dispatch" channel (1203), just waiting for the user to have a moment to realize they're on the wrong channel and system.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
Attention all Collin County Listeners, per a conversation on the P25 system this morning between a DPS unit and Collin County, the official switchover from the Motorola System to the P25 system is Tomorrow, Wednesday, March 3rd. Unknown if this is just Sherriff/Fire or also Jail/County Services as well.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
I submitted a short list of identified talkgroups earlier this evening, which completes everything verified as of today. Most of the Fire Tac channels remain speculative, so those will have to be updated as they are confirmed in the coming days.

During helicopter operations earlier today in Josephine, I noticed a few units affiliating with talkgroup 1246, which was cause of earlier debate over the identity of the channel. For this reason, it was submitted to the RRDB as "CCFD LZ".

Also, 1214 "Juvenile Dispatch" (and I was suspicious of that designator, even though I heard it from a radio tech based on the traffic, but after listening to the traffic today, it is distinct from the general Jail traffic and I feel confident in the designation) and what is now known as 1218 "Facility Maintenance 1" (the former "Courthouse Ops" on the Moto system) were very active today.

I have also cleaned up the WIKI to remove the now confirmed talkgroups, and so only the speculative groups remain listed.

TexTAC

I submitted a short list of identified talkgroups earlier this evening, which completes everything verified as of today. Most of the Fire Tac channels remain speculative, so those will have to be updated as they are confirmed in the coming days.

During helicopter operations earlier today in Josephine, I noticed a few units affiliating with talkgroup 1246, which was cause of earlier debate over the identity of the channel. For this reason, it was submitted to the RRDB as "CCFD LZ".

Also, 1214 "Juvenile Dispatch" (and I was suspicious of that designator, even though I heard it from a radio tech based on the traffic, but after listening to the traffic today, it is distinct from the general Jail traffic and I feel confident in the designation) and what is now known as 1218 "Facility Maintenance 1" (the former "Courthouse Ops" on the Moto system) were very active today.

I have also cleaned up the WIKI to remove the now confirmed talkgroups, and so only the speculative groups remain listed.

we appreciate your work!

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
I am monitoring between work meetings, I have over 650 audio recordings captured so far, and as I clear up idents I'm updating the Wiki, and will submit another RRDB update this evening.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
It's really nice to hear Collin SO again. The old system was so scratchy I had to lock it out.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Roaming is working well. Collin SO (1168) is heard on the Plano sites (and well into Dallas).
Collin Fire is making extensive use of patching. Alerts/Dispatches go out on CCFD Disp as well as the associated FD TG being dispatched.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
Roaming is working well. Collin SO (1168) is heard on the Plano sites (and well into Dallas).
Collin Fire is making extensive use of patching. Alerts/Dispatches go out on CCFD Disp as well as the associated FD TG being dispatched.
Watching the patches, on the Moto system they would patch dispatch and fireground. Now they do the same, but they added the "Page" group 1245, which is where the house speakers reside. They also send an alert to the station's house speakers radio before setting up the patch.

dmurman

I got an email that we switched to the digital network and I turned on my scanner. I have a Whistler TRX-2 and heard nothing so I turned on my SO radio and heard the traffic. I noticed looking at the programming of the scanner that when the control channels were downloaded from this site it only put in the 700 control channels. I had to manually add the 800control channels to the program and upload to the scanner. Working like a champ. Not sure if others might have the same issue.

dmurman

Not sure if anyone else had this problem today but I got an email that we switched to the digital network and I turned on my scanner. I have a Whistler TRX-2 and heard nothing so I turned on my SO radio and heard the traffic. I noticed looking at the programming of the scanner that when the control channels were downloaded from this site it only put in the 700 control channels. I had to manually add the 800 control channels to the program and upload to the scanner. Working like a champ. Not sure if others might have the same issue. Good to hear we have coverage thru out the metromess. Sure beats the old analog system where the radios didn't even work during balloon feast.

N5ODE

I got an email that we switched to the digital network and I turned on my scanner. I have a Whistler TRX-2 and heard nothing so I turned on my SO radio and heard the traffic. I noticed looking at the programming of the scanner that when the control channels were downloaded from this site it only put in the 700 control channels. I had to manually add the 800control channels to the program and upload to the scanner. Working like a champ. Not sure if others might have the same issue.
I can't seem to be able to find the new info on Collin County in the database?? Any guidance (BCD436HP)?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I can't seem to be able to find the new info on Collin County in the database?? Any guidance (BCD436HP)?
If you are referring to the main database in Sentinel, any additions & updates done this week will not show in the Sentinel database until at least next Monday. Uniden pulls changes to the master database on Sundays, going through the states alphabetically. Once that has occurred, then any new or changed data is incorporated in the weekly update that is posted on the following Monday.

You can manually enter any new details into a Favorites list, using the details currently posted in the online RR database. After the database update becomes available next week, then you can append that to a Favorites list, or scan using location, range, & the full database.

twjr80

Feed Provider
They are using the PAWM(PlanoAllenWylieMurphy) system. The site frequencies are listed there along with the TGIDs for SO and Fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.