CT DOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

loudjr

Premium Subscriber
1) does DOT still use the low band system ?

2) I don't hear the weather round up on CLMRN system or the low band system?

cg

Premium Subscriber
1) yes, and CLMRN
2) was mentioned as not being heard a month or two back. I have heard it since then so possibly not done as consistently as before.

Reconrider

I'm probbaly wrong, but the voice they DOT uses on CLMRN, sounds analog or just bad radios, or bad radio use by operator.

keys

1) does DOT still use the low band system ?

2) I don't hear the weather round up on CLMRN system or the low band system?
We usually do not broadcast roundup. E mail and apps. Low band in use primarily however CLMRS being deployed. Definitely a audio difference. I had my low band and Johnson CLMRS on District 1 and definitely a difference

cg

Premium Subscriber
They are a mix of CLMRN radios and patched VHF Lo. If you are listening to the trunked system, the nice clear units already have the 7/800 radios. The ones that sound like crap are the low band radios being patched over. The signal is normal if you are listening on a low band radio.

chris

Kitn1mcc

Premium Subscriber
you can hear it coming thrue. as someone who does radios and also plows using the low band between the trucks in a group does make it easier than tying up the system

matt04

Premium Subscriber
They are a mix of CLMRN radios and patched VHF Lo. If you are listening to the trunked system, the nice clear units already have the 7/800 radios. The ones that sound like crap are the low band radios being patched over. The signal is normal if you are listening on a low band radio.

chris
Most of the larger plow trucks sound like they still have the VHF in my area and I have seen them with the VHF Lo antenna when I saw a few pull out of a local DOT yard. Most of the pickup trucks I have seen recently don't have the Lo Band antenna.

coolrich55

Heard the weather round up for the first time today during this winter season. 47.30 and CLMRN. Brings back memories of when I would listen when I was a kid in school. Would try to predict if my school was cancelled lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.