BCD536HP Dongle

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4EET

Chaplain
i use Sentinel only for the firmware update
use Proscan for everything else nothing can't beat Proscan that's 50$ you will never regret for sure
I'll second what @Synchro39 said. I also want to add that Bob @ProScan is a top-notch guy as well as a vendor. He frequents Radio Reference and goes the extra mile to make sure that his customers are completely satisfied with his software. Take a look at his website too. Unlike other software, ProScan works with many different models of scanners. Bob has done a tremendous job of creating world-class 1st-rate software! He also offers a 30-day trial subscription to see just how good his software is. And if you run into a snag using it, don't hesitate to post your question here on Radio Reference. Many of us are ProScan users and either one of us or Bob @ProScan will come to your rescue. Cheers! Dave

W4ELL

Feed Provider
I have been using one of my 536 with the wifi dongle and RadioFeed to supply my scanner feed here on RadioReference for over 2 years now. No issues other than having to restart the scanner every now and then, usually after I have restarted my firewall or my Unifi wireless AP. I don't have any issues with it disconnecting, otherwise and the audio sounds great, of course.

+1 for ProScan, I use it with my other 536 (WiFi dongle) and my sds200. Best $50 I have ever spent.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I have one on mine and when I had a 30 day trial of ProScan, that was how I was interfacing the scanner to the network to stream it from my house to my computer at work. The only issue I had was my computer would freeze up with ProScan when it was open for a period of time.

Now the app to connect to it is pure utter garbage.
I have run PROSCAN with 16 scanners connected to the PC that has been running for years with no problems I would look at the setup and the PC itsself.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
I have Siren working fine to my Ipad. Thing is if you temporary close the app the ipad might change wifi connections on you. You have to be aware of that.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
The dongle is kind of hit and miss and the connection drops frequently.

I use mine to connect my scanner to ProScan like most of the others in this thread.

lu81fitter

I noticed something that was not mentioned here. If you do buy Proscan, you get unlimited lifetime updates as well whenever the software is updated. There will be a message when new updates are available. If something happens to your computer, just contact Bob and he will help you with getting things set up on your new device. You can also set it up on 2 different computers. Once you get used to Proscan, you'll realize how good of a program it is. It's worth the $50!!

Status
Not open for further replies.