Erickson Sky Crane freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what freqs the Erickson Sky Crane crew uses?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
The six licenses they have are for aircraft frequencies (fleet licenses) not for business band radios. Good bet they'd be on MURS since they travel and wouldn't be required to have a license for those. or piggy backing off whatever company hires them.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
We've had many of the Sikorski Skycranes work fires in Colorado over the years. They were here as late as October, 2020, working the late season fires in Colorado. When working the fires they're usually on the ATC frequencies around airports or on US forest Service frequencies when working the fires. I've not had any experience watching them working anything other than fires. This particular shot was on June 9, 2013 at Metro Airport in Broomfield, CO while working a wildland fire.

Attachments

• N718HT@BJC-1.jpg
    N718HT@BJC-1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 17

JeremyG760

Premium Subscriber
We've had many of the Sikorski Skycranes work fires in Colorado over the years. They were here as late as October, 2020, working the late season fires in Colorado. When working the fires they're usually on the ATC frequencies around airports or on US forest Service frequencies when working the fires. I've not had any experience watching them working anything other than fires. This particular shot was on June 9, 2013 at Metro Airport in Broomfield, CO while working a wildland fire.
I haven't seen one not in the orange Erickson livery in years. I wonder if it still is in that color scheme.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
That isn't an Erickson Skycrane, but awesome picture!

Status
Not open for further replies.