New UCA Site active

Status
Not open for further replies.

N7YUO

Decoded today from interstate 80
7202 Site 29 Dugway.
I had trunker with me, but the signal was not clean enough for Unitrunker to decode.
But the WS1040 said site 29 Dugway
Control channel later, after lunch.

N7YUO

Site 29 CC (Control Channel) is 852.2375
we had to take a drive out to UTTR today,
so I took along my Unitrunker and two scanners.
I got reception of a Motorola site when we were between Rowley & Delle.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Good job thanks, Tim is headed for hanksville and checking some of those southern sites to see if any are active, so we may get more sites found

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Was there any activity on that site? Was there any other voice channels or an alternate control channel that unitrunker found?

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
we had to take a drive out to UTTR today,
You "had to"?? I go out there 'cause i feel like it. I don't know if I'd like "having to go" out there. :):);)
Interesting coincidence (maybe). I spent the day out at the Lakeside/Military Area, north of where you were. Got to see/HEAR the F-35's doing their thing in the North Range.

Reactions: 522

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
Just south of the North Range complex, I had strong signal strength for Site 29 (UCA-7202).
852.2375=cc
851.8375=acc
Traffic seen was FD, So, UHP from Tooele Co.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Ok that's Vernon hills, dugway frequencies I think match Vernon hills, makes me wonder if they would make that a multi-day site or a simulcast site one day

N7YUO

In my occupation as a Maintenance Mechanic for USAF, I had to take a trip to Oasis, UTTR North.
To service a 50 ton crane.
So I decided to take my eqipmen along to search for new sites.

1. I searched 850-860.
2. When I found a CC with a Motorola sound,
I used Tune. In Tune, the display said
7202 Site 29 DUGWAY
The scanner was having a hard time keeping a connection to the site. I couldn't get a strong enough signal to run Unitrunker on.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Ok it's in the database as Vernon hills, if the alias on unitrunker said its Dugway then we will submit a new name and location for the site , since Vernon hills and dugway are in different locations, I'll probably put both fcc licenses in there as well..

You can submit it to the database or I can it's up to u

Keep finding those sites or changes to the sites, good job on this one, and your hunting skills, we need them especially when they switch over to p25

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
Unitrunker showed the alias "Dugway". I have heard it from three different areas in Tooele County.
I will submit it to the database in the next couple days. I submitted one item yesterday, and have several others to go in.
I need to/will keep better notes when I am out.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Tim Heaton is away but someone will probably work it in the database, yeah always look for new stuff, u never know what u may find, thanks everyone for searching this one out

Status
Not open for further replies.