Civil Air Patrol: Does anyone know what type of encoding CAP is using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA4AK

Premium Subscriber
I am a former member of CAP (20 years). I tried loading all the known frequencies from the radioreference data base, but when a CAP station comes on live, all I hear is static...when I left the program they were talking about encoding in the future (12 years ago). Does anyone have any updated info on this and are the transmissions still available to listen to?
Thanks.
Alex

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Some Wing's have also started using state radio systems, all wings still use VHF Primary but Wing's like Colorado have DMA Issued radios. Encryption isn't used much

Last edited:

WA4AK

Premium Subscriber
Would you have any info to assist me to program my Whistler 1065 to receive?
Again, thanks.
Alex

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber

ecps92

ENC seems to be only used for specific "Missions" and vary by Region/Wing.

I've never heard them using ENC here in New England - "knock on wood"
P25 yes, but not ENC
I am a former member of CAP (20 years). I tried loading all the known frequencies from the radioreference data base, but when a CAP station comes on live, all I hear is static...when I left the program they were talking about encoding in the future (12 years ago). Does anyone have any updated info on this and are the transmissions still available to listen to?
Thanks.
Alex

spacellamaman

ENC seems to be only used for specific "Missions" and vary by Region/Wing.

I've never heard them using ENC here in New England - "knock on wood"
P25 yes, but not ENC
very rarely i have seen it in NC and would be interested in others experiences re: CAP using encryption.

i say this cause the times i have seen it noted as P25 ENC on a scanner the "noise" associated with it has a distinctly different flavor to it, or better stated very little flavor, as in near silence with periodic, subdued "clipping" in and out sounds to it. anyone else come accross this? its happened so rarely, i can't rule out this as being a malfunction on my end.

so anyone else noting CAP ENC, I would be happy to hear from.

Status
Not open for further replies.