• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Dispatch Room Video Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolant113

Forgive me if this is posted in the wrong forum, moderator please move or delete if warranted.

My agency is interested in installing a 10x1 video wall in our dispatch room. There are so many different solutions and controllers on the market. I was interested to see if anybody has any familiarity working with, setting up, or is able to give experience with certain vendors.

We wants to put 10 screens up that can either act as individual screens, or act as 1 whole, or split them up in formats of 4x1 etc.

Also, needs to have some physical inputs for some peripherals such as HDMI, DVI etc.

If anybody has any familiarity i would be interested in hearing your recommendations.

RFI-EMI-GUY

I saw something recently where the entire wall is made up by small replaceable panels that pop into a large frame and have virtually no seam. The installer uses a suction device to remove and replace them. I am sure something of this type will have the flexibility that you want.

Wauk620

KD9PQM
Premium Subscriber
Here are a couple of vendors you may want to check out. The last one has a 10’x5’ display with all hardware.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
What you are wanting needs to also work with your video recording system. This is not a do it yourself project. You also need to look at your state CCTV LAWS most states now require installers and companies to be state licensed. Any way this will be a 6 figure project.

Mr_Boh

There are specific bezel-less screens for this application. Just be forewarned they are NOT CHEAP, but they look awesome.

Even if you don't want bezeless screens, do yourself a favor and buy ones specifically made for digital signage (look at NEC). Nothing more annoying that places that think they can cheap out with consumer-grade displays. Even high-end televisions you can pick up at local big box stores begin to look washed out quickly.

BlackBox is my preferred vendor for this types of solutions. Again, on the pricier end, but they make awesome, reliable products. Have done all sorts of unusual solutions with them, like KMM over fiber optics to put computers in a back room and help quiet a floor, multi computer/multi display solutions that seamlessly move the mouse between screens/computers without switching or software, etc.

DougMD

I've worked for a company that used AVolution to implement multiple video walls and may be worth a look. 5x2 screen arrays that allowed for an individual video source to each screen or selecting sources to a groups of screens as needed all the way up to a single feed across all 10 screens.

AVolution - Master Control Room

I was not involved in the selection or installation processes though so I can't comment to pricing or business aspect but can say the functionality and requirements you listed were available.

CaptDan

I see you are from NJ - I am certain there are several excellent video walls in operation in NJ. I'd reach out to the NJSP - they love to share their expertise and usually have researched it down to the color of the fabric on the chairs. they don't do anything 1/2 azzed. I believe NJ DOT have a nice set up also.

I would guess there are several others in operation in NJ also, not sure how the feds feel about showing their stuff off these days.

Point is - there is a ton of resources available in NJ, in some cases their may already be a set contract price for a lot of the equipment for any government agency in NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.