153.020 DMR TG-1100 CC-10: Schuylkill County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Well I narrowed down the site (Triangle, WPGK373) but trying to figure out who these guys are & the language they're speaking. I'm guessing PA Dutch with some English smattered in here and there? Frequency came alive around 05:00 this morning and the bantering stopped around 15:30 (3:30 PM). Audio sample is here, I'm in Montgomery County about an hour and a half's drive southeast from the TX site which is apparently atop a mountain (I appended the repeater ID to the end of the clip which confirms I have the correct licensee) Anyone have any insight? Farmers? Laborers?

Last edited:

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Tis interesting.
FWIW, Some of that license is part of MADRN. Same CC too.
Lot of Ag stuff that sounds just like what your hearing is heard everyday on several sites around Dutch Country.
Triangle has been expanding their SMR's [DMR networked] (using existing unused frequencies. VHF/400/800
I have 3 documented systems, but not submitted that are receivable from my QTH.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Yeah come to think of it I have heard guys yacking on the AgriBiz TGs on the MADRN, might very well have been Site 010. Surprised I didn't make the connection at first but I guess the VHF freq threw me off a bit. Much of the communications I heard in the past were English. Thinking I might submit the conventional info to Schuylkill County DB as "Agribiz" to match the naming format on the TRS

Last edited:

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
At one point, one of the guys mentioned Rosebud Ventures which is out in Myerstown. Of course, the stuff on either side of that wasn't English, so I'm at a loss for whether it was being mentioned as a landmark, destination, or something else entirely.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Why is your decode so poor?
Review my emboldened statement below. It's a wonder I have any decode at all from my 536HP which was used in conjunction with a Austin Spectra mounted above my roofline to generate the audio clip
Audio sample is here, I'm in Montgomery County about an hour and a half's drive southeast from the TX site

Twister_2

Feed Provider
Review my emboldened statement below. It's a wonder I have any decode at all from my 536HP which was used in conjunction with a Austin Spectra mounted above my roofline to generate the audio clip
I saw all of that the first time but the portion of the recording that includes the CW ID sounds clear as day. Not sure how that could be so clear if you think you have weak signal issues.

Twister_2

Feed Provider
I don't think I have them, you seem to as you prominently noted above :ROFLMAO:

To make things clear, in your original post you only said you live 90 mins drive time from the site. I'm familiar with Summit Station and it indeed gets out very well. So a 90 min drive is not out of the question to still have a good signal. This, by itself, would allow a reader to make an informed guess that you think you are far from the tower site. In fact, in post #6, you emboldened this statement in a reply answering my question of your decode quality. Any logical person would put these two facts together and gather that you believe you do not have a strong enough signal to decode 100%.

You even said it's a wonder you can decode it at all. So which is it? Do you think you have a weak signal to decode or not? You really are sitting on both sides of the fence and getting snarky after me asking an extremely simple question.

I don't think I have them, you seem to as you prominently noted above

I nowhere prominently noted that I think you have weak signal issues. On the contrary, I stated that the snippet of CWID was clear as day.

Status
Not open for further replies.