DSD+ FastLane (most current version) "rtlsdr_demod_write_reg failed with -9" error messages in scan file

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB9NN

Premium Subscriber
I am scanning a set of frequencies from a scan file and have been for years. Recently intermittently I receive the following error message after scanning a couple of frequencies in the file. It never happens after the same frequencies - just every few frequencies. I have tried replacing my USB powered hub and have tried replacing my RTLSDR. Thoughts?

"rtlsdr_demod_write_reg failed with -9"

I am running Windows 10 64 bit version. I run three dongles in scan mode at the same time, each with a separate instance of DSD+ FastLane running. This only happens on one port.

thewraith2008

This has been discussed before here with a way to reset it.

It always seem to occur with the change of frequency main because once the dongle is setup, changing frequency it usually the only command been set to the dongle.

After more testing I believe this problem is occurring in the RTL2832 (IC) itself.
Testing shows if the RTL2832 (IC) is reset when the -9 (LIBUSB_ERROR_PIPE) is seen, the problem goes away.

DSD+ has locked the rtlsdr.dll to certain version (hashed) so you can't fix it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.