Snohomish County and Marysville Law Enforcement P25 roll out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pueo

My daughter who is a Marysville LEO said Snohomish County and LE municipalities switched to P25 two days ago. Any databases available or being updated?

TVTubeScanner

Feed Provider
They are not moving to P25 P2 until 2023 & law will be encrypted. This is according to Sno911 board meetings. As far I can tell they are just receiving the new radios that are working on the current analog system. They just started distributing the new radios this month. There is a long way to go before they switch to P25 P2 like FCC licensing & site work.

Last edited:

Pueo

They are not moving to P25 P2 until 2023 & law will be encrypted. This is according to Sno911 board meetings. As far I can tell they are just receiving the new radios that are working on the current analog system. They just started distributing the new radios this month. There is a long way to go before they switch to P25 P2 like FCC licensing & site work.
Ah.... I understand now. I'm assuming the benefit of using the new radio equipment for the patrol units is to have the ability to communicate/monitor WSP and Tribal communications.

I recently moved to Warm Beach from Hawaii and trying to wrap my head around communications in Snohomish County. I sold my two radios when I left Hawaii. I will receive a new Uniden BCD436HP tomorrow and start monitoring again.

Having been involved/oversight in a Motorola P25 project build during my last career, I know that encryption is expensive to implement across the various talk groups but, I guess the writing is on the wall. BTW, thanks for being a Feed provider.

TVTubeScanner

Feed Provider
Welcome to Washington & Sno Co! They do have dedicated talk group for communicating with WSP (SNO OPS 11). Also SNO911 is working with the Tulalip tribe to get them on the 800 MHz System. They will 2-3 talk groups. They are currently working the contract. Tulalip tribal PD will also have access to other talk groups on the system. Stillaguamish tribal PD is already on the 800 MHz system on the north dispatch talk group. They are 18x units. For updates on the radio system you will find on the board meeting packet Snohomish County 911-Board Meeting Agendas/Minutes. SNO 911 has board meeting every third Thursday of the month @ 8:30 AM via Zoom. They will post agenda couple days before the meeting. FYI I do not work for SNO911 in any way or form.

Pueo

TV Tube Scanner, thanks for the 911 Board link I'll follow the zoom meetings. My BCD436HP arrives today and I'll get it up to speed on firmware and programming. I'm hoping to receive Law traffic from my location about 400' above Kayak Point Park. I've tried searching for repeater site maps for my area to gain a mental picture of the best reception areas nearby. RR had maps of repeater sites in Hawaii but I'm not able to find the same for Snohomish county. Anyway, thank you for the intell.

TVTubeScanner

Feed Provider
TV Tube Scanner, thanks for the 911 Board link I'll follow the zoom meetings. My BCD436HP arrives today and I'll get it up to speed on firmware and programming. I'm hoping to receive Law traffic from my location about 400' above Kayak Point Park. I've tried searching for repeater site maps for my area to gain a mental picture of the best reception areas nearby. RR had maps of repeater sites in Hawaii but I'm not able to find the same for Snohomish county. Anyway, thank you for the intell.

You're welcome. I do have my bcd436hp streaming to broadcastify(WSP D7/SCSO N & Fire North feed). I found a radio site map https://www.radioreference.com/db/fcc/callsign/WQAF243 . I have found that East Simulcast for SERS works best North Snohomish County. Most police agencys is on the SERS trucking 800MHz system. The only one that is not is the Tulalip tribal PD they on frequency of 452.100 MHz. They will be coming on the system before the end of the year. I will post an update to the RR database for the talk groups for TTPD. Most local PD is on the area is North Sheriff North Disp. Unit IDs 1x& 2x are sheriff deputies. 30x,31x & 32x are sheriff deputies supervisors. 11x units are granite Falls contracted sheriff deputies. 14x Stanwood PD also contracted sheriff deputies. 16x is Arlington PD. 18x is Stillaguamish tribal PD. Marysville PD has there own talk groups on the system & they are 8x units. Link for SERS System Snohomish County Public Safety (SERS) Trunking System, Everett, Washington - Scanner Frequencies.

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
I have found that East Simulcast for SERSworks best North Snohomish County.
I live in the Mill Creek area, of unincorporated Snohomish County (South Sherriff precinct) I listened on West simulcast since I moved here, with perfect reception. I just moved, literally 5 minutes to the east a few days ago and my radios were silent on the West site. I tried the East Simulcast and got nothing unless I turned on the attenuator that made it better but I know I am missing a lot. After I am all done unpacking I will play around a little more, but It looks like I might need to take out a loan for an SDS series. It is just funny how I had no issues in one spot, 5 minutes down the road I get silence.

TVTubeScanner

Feed Provider
I live in the Mill Creek area, of unincorporated Snohomish County (South Sherriff precinct) I listened on West simulcast since I moved here, with perfect reception. I just moved, literally 5 minutes to the east a few days ago and my radios were silent on the West site. I tried the East Simulcast and got nothing unless I turned on the attenuator that made it better but I know I am missing a lot. After I am all done unpacking I will play around a little more, but It looks like I might need to take out a loan for an SDS series. It is just funny how I had no issues in one spot, 5 minutes down the road I get silence.

It could be interference but what do I know. The funny thing is live with in walking distance to a SERS radio site. I did not know until a couple months ago. I sometimes do not get clear communications at my house. But when I drive down the road I get it perfectly clear.

Pueo

You're welcome. I do have my bcd436hp streaming to broadcastify(WSP D7/SCSO N & Fire North feed). I found a radio site map https://www.radioreference.com/db/fcc/callsign/WQAF243 . I have found that East Simulcast for SERS works best North Snohomish County. Most police agencys is on the SERS trucking 800MHz system. The only one that is not is the Tulalip tribal PD they on frequency of 452.100 MHz. They will be coming on the system before the end of the year. I will post an update to the RR database for the talk groups for TTPD. Most local PD is on the area is North Sheriff North Disp. Unit IDs 1x& 2x are sheriff deputies. 30x,31x & 32x are sheriff deputies supervisors. 11x units are granite Falls contracted sheriff deputies. 14x Stanwood PD also contracted sheriff deputies. 16x is Arlington PD. 18x is Stillaguamish tribal PD. Marysville PD has there own talk groups on the system & they are 8x units. Link for SERS System Snohomish County Public Safety (SERS) Trunking System, Everett, Washington - Scanner Frequencies.
Thank you for the link! Coverage for units I want to follow is looking pretty good! Fired up the Uniden BCD 436 this morning and receiving Marysville PD crystal clear from my Kayak Point location. I found the 436 on Amazon Warehouse for $340.00. The description said minor cosmetic used-acceptable. The unit arrived in like-new condition repackaged and is operating flawlessly!

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
I found the 436 on Amazon Warehouse for $340.00.
That was a good price. I picked a used one on E-Bay for 400.00. I have it in my vehicle. When I get a chance I am going to bring it inside and see if I get any better reception with it. I have the older 346XT, 396XT, and Pro-106 all with crappy reception on the West and East sites.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Ah.... I understand now. I'm assuming the benefit of using the new radio equipment for the patrol units is to have the ability to communicate/monitor WSP and Tribal communications.

I recently moved to Warm Beach from Hawaii and trying to wrap my head around communications in Snohomish County. I sold my two radios when I left Hawaii. I will receive a new Uniden BCD436HP tomorrow and start monitoring again.

Having been involved/oversight in a Motorola P25 project build during my last career, I know that encryption is expensive to implement across the various talk groups but, I guess the writing is on the wall. BTW, thanks for being a Feed provider.
Welcome to Snohomish County I am Stanwood right up the road

superfreak

The reason for the new mobiles/portables is driven by the fact that most of the fleet was way beyond End of Life. Replacement of user radios was prioritized because of this. Yes the system is transitioning to P25 Phase II in the next few years, but waiting to replace radios closer to a cutover was not an option. SnoCo units do not have the governance permissions to talk to WSP direct on an WSP channels.

The Tulalip tribe coming on to the system is a desire by the tribe to have better radio coverage. With the passage of Prop 1, their new radios will be funded by the .1% sales tax.

Encryption is just an option in the radio, some cost up front.... Management of it is just another task....

Pueo

The reason for the new mobiles/portables is driven by the fact that most of the fleet was way beyond End of Life. Replacement of user radios was prioritized because of this. Yes the system is transitioning to P25 Phase II in the next few years, but waiting to replace radios closer to a cutover was not an option. SnoCo units do not have the governance permissions to talk to WSP direct on an WSP channels.

The Tulalip tribe coming on to the system is a desire by the tribe to have better radio coverage. With the passage of Prop 1, their new radios will be funded by the .1% sales tax.

Encryption is just an option in the radio, some cost up front.... Management of it is just another task....
Thanks for the back story!

Status
Not open for further replies.