Is Airspy US still in business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghoward02

Feed Provider
I am still awaiting on a replacement for a defective Airspy Mini that I originally receive December 29, 2020 that was immediately sent back to Airspy US under an RMA. This was after a long delay in receiving the original order placed during their Black Friday sale.

I finally received a reply after my 3rd time checking the status of my RMA and was told they'd start on the backlog "this [last] weekend". As usual, dead silence since. Let me know if you see any movement on yours.

wgbecks

I finally received a reply after my 3rd time checking the status of my RMA and was told they'd start on the backlog "this [last] weekend". As usual, dead silence since. Let me know if you see any movement on yours.
I'll submit another follow up today.

wgbecks

I'll submit another follow up today.

I was informed in following up today that they received a shipment on Monday, have caught up on backorders, and are in the process of calibrating additional units to start filling RMA's. Hopefully they will ship my RMA by weeks end that will likely put it out yet another full week before it arrives.

wgbecks

I wanted to let everyone know that my replacement Airspy Mini (RMA) arrived today from Airspy U.S. and it works perfectly! I don't blame them for the delays in the supply pipeline as that was out of their control. Hopefully, they will improve in communications going forward whenever a product shortage is known to exist to better keep their customers informed.

ghoward02

Feed Provider
I wanted to let everyone know that my replacement Airspy Mini (RMA) arrived today from Airspy U.S. and it works perfectly! I don't blame them for the delays in the supply pipeline as that was obviously out of their control but hopefully they will improve in communications whenever a shortage of a product exists to keep their customers well informed.

My Airspy R2 RMA is on the way slowly due to the USPS being themselves. Still no word on if the repair/replacement was considered "in-warranty" and I'm due my deposit back. If they considered it a non-warranty repair then I'm going to expect some very good details on how that was determined.

wgbecks

I
My Airspy R2 RMA is on the way slowly due to the USPS being themselves. Still no word on if the repair/replacement was considered "in-warranty" and I'm due my deposit back. If they considered it a non-warranty repair then I'm going to expect some very good details on how that was determined.

The Mini I received today was a replacement (RMA) for one that I originally purchased during their Black Friday sale but didn't arrive until early January. Unfortunately, upon my initial testing, I found the device would overload on the same signals that my other Mini's and R2's handle without and signs of overload (IM) response.

Normally, I operate my Airspy's in "Linear" gain mode but quickly determine he Mini received in January had to be run in "Free" mode whereby the LNA, MIXER, and IF gains could be set manually, and whereby the IF gain had to be reduced to nearly off (2) before the overload (IM) would clean up. As a result, I made contact with them to explain the issue and was quickly issued the RMA with instructions for it's return.

Finally, the RMA replacement arrived today and it works as it should in all three gain modes with performance on par with my existing Airspy Mini and R2 devices. I now a happy camper and hope you'll be just a soon as USPS gets yours delivered.

ghoward02

Feed Provider
Received my replacement Airspy R2 yesterday. E-mailed to thank them and inquire as to if my RMA was going to be considered in or out of warranty and whether I'd be getting my deposit back.

We are still working on the diagnosis.

Just curious if anyone else in my similar timeline (purchased during Black Friday sale) had to pay a "deposit" on their RMA?

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
They had the best price on the Remtronix 800mhz antenna a while back and I ordered 3 of them. They got here in 3 days, good service.

Jim_Shaffer

Understand that there are global supply chain issues for electronics these days. It's not an Airspy-specific issue, or an airspy.us specific issue.

That part is understandable. What's not understandable is their not updating their website nor their social media accounts to indicate that things are not in stock. I went through this nearly a year ago with them. Apparently they didn't learn.

ghoward02

Feed Provider
It was confirmed to be ESD which is not covered by the warranty.

There you have it folks. A week of being hooked up with a Spyverter and Youloop with no changes in connections or other unnecessary contact is enough to murder an Airspy R2.

If this is how their hardware handles a safe & secure office environment then any hopes of using it as a portable summit DX receiver are right out.

I can only hope anyone doing research on what SDR to purchase comes across this thread and our experiences with sales & service.

arraijan55

There you have it folks. A week of being hooked up with a Spyverter and Youloop with no changes in connections or other unnecessary contact is enough to murder an Airspy R2.

If this is how their hardware handles a safe & secure office environment then any hopes of using it as a portable summit DX receiver are right out.

I can only hope anyone doing research on what SDR to purchase comes across this thread and our experiences with sales & service.
I desist to buy Airspy because of the service in the USA and the person there I think is finishing the brand because of the bad service

wgbecks

I recommend the RSP1A or the RSPDX from SDRPLAY I it from HRO great service and fast a friend recommended I’m very happy

Just keep in mind that there are very few software applications that support the SDRPLAY in making any decisions. FYI, at last check, it appears
that the supply issue causing a majority of the responses on this thread has been resolved.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Hmmm....interesting...:unsure:

JT-112

I'm OK with someone having a side gig like this, figured airspy.us was probably just a person or two the whole time.

It is a bit odd that someone would have side gig that's at least somewhat in competition to his main employer though.

This reminds me, I want to pick up a couple of the Airspy UBS dongles, probably a good time to do that... :^)

Status
Not open for further replies.