P25 Fcc Grants issued for UCA

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Yesterday the fcc grants came out, with new grants for sanpete, grand , and Wasatch counties in the 770mhz range, including gunnison prison, Barton peak, horseshoe, willow peak, bald Mesa, and green river, there may be others I'm still checking the grants... Just fyi

N7OLQ

Scanning since '77
Premium Subscriber
Hmm. I don't understand. the UCA web site, under P25, What Radios can I buy, says: The radio must be P25 Compliance Assessment Program (CAP) certified with the Harris MSTR V 800 Trunked Radio for both Phase 1 and Phase 2
Sounds like they are going 800MHz not 700MHz. Am I missing something?

N7OLQ

Scanning since '77
Premium Subscriber
Also, I know it is pre-mature, but from the looks of this presentation, it looks like they will revamp the radio maps (fleetmaps) substantially. Looks like people won't be able to drag talkgroups to far away sites any more, which is a bummer, since it comes in handy for monitoring more distant stuff. https://www.uca911.org/file/93d29d9c-b7e1-42d7-87ae-08fec1241ff7

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Yesterday the fcc grants came out, with new grants for sanpete, grand , and Wasatch counties in the 770mhz range, including gunnison prison, Barton peak, horseshoe, willow peak, bald Mesa, and green river, there may be others I'm still checking the grants... Just fyi

N7OLQ

Scanning since '77
Premium Subscriber
Very interesting. Those are digital emission designators. Mobile Tx low 800Mhz, Tower Tx upper 700MHz.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
If they are planning on the first site install, I’m sure a site online isn’t to far distant, I’d keep an eye out on these site first

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Specifically gillies hill, Spencer’s bench, Barton peak, Bald Mesa,green River site, willow peak, wilson peak, Gunnison prison, delta landfill, Levan peak, horseshoe site,

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
It's odd that they appear to be starting with smaller, outlying communities in the state. Where is the Wasatch Front?

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
I think they are adding those first , less impact, maybe the dispatch centers don’t use those as much, Wasatch front is insanely busy, those ones in zone 2 probably will be the guinae pigs

N7OLQ

Scanning since '77
Premium Subscriber
This is what I have see on layout. Enos may have more info.
P25 zones.png

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
ENOS was the one referring to Zone 2.....so I would think he may know something about them LOL.

Where did you get your mitts on that nice little piece of art??

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
That's from UCA, as far as zone 2 I was referring to, what I meant was n the current system of UCA they only licensed a select few if the sites in the new 770mhz, doesn't mean their up or online or anything.. It's just all the sites licensed are in the current zone 2

MotoTRK

They may be publishing some updates but some of their info is well past the dates listed and the work hasn’t begun yet on some of the items.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
4 more were granted as of March 17th.
White pine, dog valley, vermillian cliffs in Kane county, and cedar mountain emery...