Tied Federal Repeaters, Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
So, tuning the band and find 169.9125 (NAC-300) and 170.3375 (no NAC) and 1709875 (no NAC) all "keying up" at the same time. So far no traffic heard on any of them. But they all key-up and off at the same time.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
Watching 170.7250 key up and down, followed by 170.7000 a second later (up and down), followed by 170.6750 and 170.625 (together) about half a second after 170.700 goes down. I've been watching this all morning. (yeah, I have an exciting life. :()
So far no traffic or NAC, just the repeaters keying up/down.

ecps92

Sounds like Vote-Scan, [basic desciption] here the user turned on his/her radio, it affiliates [says hello] to the network
then each repeater beacons "Welcome" and his/her radio then automatically moves to the strongest signal

IF not that, it is a bad radio or telco lines as we have seen TG14 stuck with an open mic before [2018] on one of them
They all are $300 tho
So, tuning the band and find 169.9125 (NAC-300) and 170.3375 (no NAC) and 1709875 (no NAC) all "keying up" at the same time. So far no traffic heard on any of them. But they all key-up and off at the same time.

Premium Subscriber
Watching 170.7250 key up and down, followed by 170.7000 a second later (up and down), followed by 170.6750 and 170.625 (together) about half a second after 170.700 goes down. I've been watching this all morning. (yeah, I have an exciting life. :()
So far no traffic or NAC, just the repeaters keying up/down.

Been watching this now... seems like every 120 seconds and then repeats.

kd7rto

Nice observation. I hadn't noticed this beaconing. This can be very useful in determining whether a frequency in use is an input or an output (an input won't beacon).

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
Having a 5 Mhz waterfall display, really helps (a lot) to see something like this.

Interesting that I started this in two different threads, for the two different "tune-ups", and somehow they magically were combined into one thread. The Wizard is awake and watching. ;):rolleyes:

Premium Subscriber
Interesting that I started this in two different threads, for the two different "tune-ups", and somehow they magically were combined into one thread. The Wizard is awake and watching. ;):rolleyes:

I noticed that as well.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
IF its not voting scan issue it could also be a linked telco issue.
Where i am (Dallas) several sites are shared (conventional UHF and VHF) and if a telco link has issues or the vote microwave link has an issue several channels will dead key at the repeater base.
Because i have several scanners going at once i have heard
Dallas Fire 1, Dallas Police CH 8, Dallas County FIre Rescue 1 and i think one of the Sheriff channels all key at the same time and unkey at the same time with no traffic heard on them.
Technology is great till it glitches

ecps92

Yup, another could be issue... [some many we can think of]

I've had a local ICE Repeater where when the Voting Site fails, it starts keying up with DPL and the users don't know as the they use P25
and needs someone outside the agency to report it. Same occurred with a local FAA Repeater [dead key - analog] and no one knew

IF its not voting scan issue it could also be a linked telco issue.
Where i am (Dallas) several sites are shared (conventional UHF and VHF) and if a telco link has issues or the vote microwave link has an issue several channels will dead key at the repeater base.
Because i have several scanners going at once i have heard
Dallas Fire 1, Dallas Police CH 8, Dallas County FIre Rescue 1 and i think one of the Sheriff channels all key at the same time and unkey at the same time with no traffic heard on them.
Technology is great till it glitches

Status
Not open for further replies.