Uniden Sentinel UID/RID limit question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have tried google most of the day didn't see much. I was wondering how many RID/UID can you have? For example say County Sheriff has atleast 2,000 I wanna say that is with portables to mobiles and consoles.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Okay thanks. I'm at 256k on one list. If I add all 2k rid would jack it up so I may choose what rid I use.

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I'm at 256k on one list. If I add all 2k rid would jack it up so I may choose what rid I use.

I have 4451 rid's in 1 system that's in a fav list with 20 trunked systems and 27 conventional and my file size is 478kb. Just for kicks, I copied all 4451 and added them to the end and my file increased to 686kb . That's about 208 kb for 4451 rid's.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have 4451 rid's in 1 system that's in a fav list with 20 trunked systems and 27 conventional and my file size is 478kb. Just for kicks, I copied all 4451 and added them to the end and my file increased to 686kb . That's about 208 kb for 4451 rid's.
On one Fav list I have 32 from Conv to Trunk and some rid on some trunk systems. It is showing 256kb. I thought 2k rid was alot I may just use certain rid so I can keep track on certain tgs. I have 26 trunk and 6 Conv.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
If you had a large amount of rid's that exceeded the 1 meg limit you could always separate that 1 system from that fav list and create a new list and stick that 1 system with all the rid's in it. Also, I would think that if every rid had alerts and light set that it would increase in size. My 4451 rid's are mostly just text with maybe 100 having an alert of some type set.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
I have over 8000 RID's in one system.. it's at 1,003 KB and still loads without complaint, but one of these days I'll have to delete something from somewhere.. :LOL:

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Each Radio ID entry takes up 57 bytes in a Favorites List. I've got a whole statewide system which includes almost 2K IDs and it takes up 554KB.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I was thinking of making 1 new FL and just have the system only. I hardly use the lights and alerts.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Go for it, won't know till you try, Of course the more descriptive you get with each RID the more memory they fill. The memory for Alerts is pretty much built in since the fields are created for those values whether you set them or not.
The FL with that system has a few smaller ones that can be moved out if needed, but there are over 2000 TG's and 150+ sites with all the LAT/LONG and NAC's set where they're known. When you go and hit save in Sentinel it will warn you that you're over the size limit when you exceed it. :) Just hit save often as you add items. I suppose I could remove sites I'll never be within range of if needed they can be added back.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Go for it, won't know till you try, Of course the more descriptive you get with each RID the more memory they fill. The memory for Alerts is pretty much built in since the fields are created for those values whether you set them or not.
The FL with that system has a few smaller ones that can be moved out if needed, but there are over 2000 TG's and 150+ sites with all the LAT/LONG and NAC's set where they're known. When you go and hit save in Sentinel it will warn you that you're over the size limit when you exceed it. :) Just hit save often as you add items. I suppose I could remove sites I'll never be within range of if needed they can be added back.
I made a FL and copied the info over and only has 1 Trunk system and about 515 uid and unknown tg at this time due to new system just went live. Showing 39kb file size.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
If you had a large amount of rid's that exceeded the 1 meg limit you could always separate that 1 system from that fav list and create a new list and stick that 1 system with all the rid's in it. Also, I would think that if every rid had alerts and light set that it would increase in size. My 4451 rid's are mostly just text with maybe 100 having an alert of some type set.

I have a system where I have 25,000 logged IDs, and I have had to pick & choose which IDs to put in the favorites list. With the system in question being the only one in the favorites list, and 9600 IDs (and about 2000 TGs and 400 sites), the FL file size is around 760 KB.

djeplett

I have a favorites list with 16,372 unit IDs and 110 TGIDs but only two sites and it's at 921kb. I've pared it down somewhat because I did hit the limit because I blanketed whole sequences of IDs assuming if the next one numerically comes up it would still be assigned to the same agency on this system. (The techs on this system have done a good job of doing just that.) So instead of assigning say ID 413100 through 413199 I cut it down to just 413100 through 413150 and that seems to have worked well. I'll go for a week without noticing an ID that's not already assigned. If I ever do hit the limit again I'll have to just start logging them and adding them from a log so it's more exact. This system covers pretty much every agency in two counties with populations of about 188,000 in one and 192,000 in the other, so it's a very busy and well used system.

bagmouse7

Premium Subscriber
I hit these limitations quickly when I was pulling all the UIDs for the DMR-MARC system.
Without editing the UIDs I was able to have around 15,000 fit in a single favorite list. Every byte counts here, so by doing some simple editing (State name aberration for example) I could pull in the whole list of 16800 UIDs.
I have a local P25 system where I have identified around 9800 of the RIDs. These greatly enhance the monitoring of the P25 system. Plus it forces me to actually listen closely to the calls being made on the system so I can identify the RID and label it correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.